Talk

Advanced search

To think full kit silly for an hour in the garden?

(35 Posts)
Fianceechickie Tue 21-Feb-17 17:41:42

When my DH goes out in to the garden to play football with my DSS10 he puts on full kit, I mean he literally strips off, so it's those special Lycra underpants, an undertop thing, then football shorts, top and socks over that. Today he put all that on at 5pm...only a bit of daylight left and pouring with rain. Is it me or is that odd?

TwitterQueen1 Tue 21-Feb-17 17:43:33

I think it's lovely of him to take the football so seriously. Well done to him.

Ameliablue Tue 21-Feb-17 17:44:31

Don't see the problem.

BertrandRussell Tue 21-Feb-17 17:46:46

If he likes it and ds likes it, why not?

SaucyJack Tue 21-Feb-17 17:47:02

On the face of it.... meh.

Are you expected to sort the extra washing? Is there a decent reason for you giving a shiny?

ICanCountToOneHundred Tue 21-Feb-17 17:52:57

I think that is quite sweet really unless he just dumps the dirty kit on the floor and expects you to pick it up. Then it is not on.

Blinkyblink Tue 21-Feb-17 17:55:27

What?!

You're his mother and you genuinely think this is silly and worth asking mumsnet about?

Odd. He's just doing his thing, causing no harm, leave him to it.

Fianceechickie Tue 21-Feb-17 17:55:30

Maybe it's just me being hormonal then. No he doesn't necessarily expect me to wash it. We share the washing etc. Just wondered if that was a normal thing that other blokes did...

FayeandMe Tue 21-Feb-17 17:56:20

We have a bloke who comes to to the pub like that after a kick about with his kids

He's affectionately known as "full kit wanker" blush

Fianceechickie Tue 21-Feb-17 17:56:47

You do all know it's my 43 year old hubbie I mean, not my step son? Obviously don't mind him putting all his kit on!

Lules Tue 21-Feb-17 17:58:23

I can definitely see my husband doing that when our soon is a bit older. I'd find it a bit silly and a bit funny but also very sweet. I would never say anything. I'm sure I do things my husband thinks are silly.

GloGirl Tue 21-Feb-17 17:59:33

Full kit wanker grin grin

OP, it would annoy me as well but then when I ask DH to take the bin out and he spends 5 minutes muttering and looking for socks and shoes I think FOR GODSAKE GO OUTSIDE BAREFOOT YOU WON'T DIE

TheNiffler Tue 21-Feb-17 18:00:26

It's a bit like the people who rock up at riding stables, with the full show kit on, brandishing a brand new crop. You just know they're going to be the ones that hit the deck first, or get carted off.

CigarsofthePharoahs Tue 21-Feb-17 18:03:56

Its a bit only in that it's time he could be spent playing with his son, instead he is changing his clothes.
I hope he's not a faffer as well. It sounds like with all that kit, there's a lot of faffing opportunity to be had!

Costacoffeeplease Tue 21-Feb-17 18:05:27

Full kit wanker gringringrin

Does he think he's Wayne Rooney?

I'd just laugh at him

Fianceechickie Tue 21-Feb-17 18:29:37

Lol! To be fair it's not a team strip...he'd never do that. It's stuff that's specifically for football training. You know sometimes you just have those 'are you for real?' moments. Just came in to the bedroom earlier to find DH stark naked at 5 o'clock having just got back from a tiring day out, going dark and raining and he's putting on under armour sports pants to play with a 10 year old in the garden...

witsender Tue 21-Feb-17 18:30:40

It's odd in that it wastes precious daylight!

longdiling Tue 21-Feb-17 18:31:54

That would make me irrationally seethe too. Yes, there's no harm to it but just why?! Why faff about unnecessarily? Just stick some trainers on for God's sake!!

BastardGoDarkly Tue 21-Feb-17 18:34:03

If he's had a tiring day, and he's still willing to go out in the rain for an hour, to play with his kid, I'd just love him for it. (full kit wanker or not grin )

SeeMyVest Tue 21-Feb-17 18:35:04

As soon as I saw the thread title i shouted (in my head) "full kit wankerrrr!"
Ah let him carry on, he might be ruing the missed opportunity of pro-footy smile

CondensedMilkSarnies Tue 21-Feb-17 18:37:49

Perhaps he needs to get into 'character' , channel his inner Wayne Rooney or whoever ?

Fianceechickie Tue 21-Feb-17 18:42:54

Partly I think he just likes football related stuff (which he has lots of despite not actually playing himself) and wants to wear it! But honestly...grown man? It is probably irrational on my part...of course one needs ones dangly bits properly aired and supported in that situation! I did say to him 'why the heck?' Why not just stick some trainers on? But he got really defensive...

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Tue 21-Feb-17 18:53:12

How big is the garden? It sounds over zealous and a waste of dwindling daylight.

Saying that I'll wear fitness gear for a workout at home, but I need a sports bra, appropriate pants for jumping around and will work up a sweat. I wouldn't do it for a kick around with the kids.

PietariKontio Tue 21-Feb-17 19:38:36

Good grief, are you seriously bothered by it? Of all the pointless things to be pointlessly bothered about!
You are being AIBU, although you should also probably LTB, or something

downwardfacingdog Tue 21-Feb-17 19:53:13

Yab(a bit)u but I agree with you. I would find it funny! My DH regularly has a kick about with DS in the garden. He puts his trainers on and he might change into a clean t-shirt after if he's got too sweaty, but full kit is nobbish. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now