Talk

Advanced search

to not be able to cope with returning to work?

(2 Posts)
Ohbuggermebugger Tue 21-Feb-17 13:38:05

I have two children, 4 months old and 21 months old and I've been back at work full time for two weeks and feel I just can't manage!

DH works a 6 day week (Mon-Sat) leaves home at 6.30am (long commute) and gets home atm around 8.30/9pm - that isn't going to change atm thanks to the company he works for. And no he isn't well paid and we can't afford for me to be a SAHM.

Our home is a tip, every item of clothing seems to be forever in the wash (I can't wait for summer and the washing line, we have clothes drying everywhere!)

Anyone else have children this age and work full time with a DH who is never around. How do you manage and have a life rather then just constantly running trying to keep on top of everything?

dreamingofsun Tue 21-Feb-17 13:48:25

mine are older now but i did work for a lot of years FT with husband working away during the week. Its full on. Can you get a cleaner - that made an immense difference to me. I also looked at everything i did and tried to work out a quicker/easier way - eg food shopping online, bulk cooking etc etc. eventually i moved to 4 days a week, which was really dossy in comparison. you need to accept that standards will have to drop and not beat yourself up about it. what can you do at weekends to make the week easier

it does get better once you've got into a routine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now