Talk

Advanced search

To ask the correct spelling of (health related)

(11 Posts)
Newtoday Tue 21-Feb-17 09:41:01

Siringo trachiata ?!?

Awful chest infection and doctor diagnosed this, though I know my spelling and hearing are way out. Any ideas? Thank you!

SundialShadow Tue 21-Feb-17 09:46:03

Google

Newtoday Tue 21-Feb-17 09:48:59

Google not my friend here but thank you for your suggestion! Nothing useful comes up.

Janek Tue 21-Feb-17 09:55:20

Could it be tracheitis? Not a medical professional...

lostfrequencies Tue 21-Feb-17 09:55:24

Tracheitis? Inflammation of the windpipe that can be caused by infection. Not sure on the first word though.

Sidge Tue 21-Feb-17 09:56:46

Well you can get tracheitis which is an inflammation of the trachea (windpipe, the top part of your airways system) but I have no idea what the 'siringo' part might be.

Tracheitis can occur after a chest infection.

lifeissweet Tue 21-Feb-17 09:57:30

Could it have been laryngotracheitis?

Twistmeandturnme Tue 21-Feb-17 09:57:56

I think you're looking for Tracheitis: inflammation of the trachea.

Stridor (a distinctive cough sound) is a common co-symptom but it sounds nothing like 'Siringo'.

Sorry I can't be more help. Did he give you antibiotics or take a swab or sputum sample? It's usually bacterial.

Twistmeandturnme Tue 21-Feb-17 10:00:00

Cross posted with aurally wiser MNers: laryngo- sounds quite like siringo doesn't it: it means that your larynx (voice box) is also inflamed.

Newtoday Tue 21-Feb-17 10:10:49

Thank you all! So the

She prescribed an inhaler and anti-hustamine as if turns out to be bacterial (but must likely it's viral) it doesn't respond well to anti biotics.

Actually, I think it's: laryngotracheitis

That would make sense, wouldn't it?

Newtoday Tue 21-Feb-17 10:11:42

Ah cross posted as I type very slowly! So that's ageeed!

Thank you all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now