Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your top pranks please..

(46 Posts)
onceyoupop Mon 20-Feb-17 22:47:19

In the title! Had great Mumsnet inspired success over Christmas (taps nose) & now need some pranky inspiration to build on my success please.

user1477282676 Mon 20-Feb-17 23:07:14

Pranks are for children.

mikado1 Mon 20-Feb-17 23:10:18

I have done some great April fools on my classes over the years- 5 nonsensical qs from the department of edumacation, e.g. how long is a piece of string. Great fun! Not sure what type of pranks you want it what age?

onceyoupop Mon 20-Feb-17 23:16:56

Brilliant, just thought it'd be fun to hear some stories. grin Methinks user above must have had a bad experience.
J&R were my top MN discovery!

Buxtonstill Mon 20-Feb-17 23:45:55

If you work in an office, take in your wireless mouse from home, and when your colleague leaves to pop to the loo, plug the receiver into a USB port. Move the mouse to cause confusion and mayhem. For even more effect, if you have music playing in the background and move the mouse in time to that!

MrsHathaway Mon 20-Feb-17 23:54:12

I'm with user - it's only funny if everybody's laughing. A prank that's immediately obvious and easily rectified is fine; anything that causes someone to feel humiliated or worried for any length of time is not fine.

eg Stick a post-it note under your friend's mouse so that the paper leaf covers the infrared - the mouse will no longer work! Write APRIL FOOL on the note.

eg Go into the kitchen and swap the contents of one cupboard with the contents of another cupboard. Alternatively, hang a clock upside down on the wall - but change the time so the hands are still telling the right time (eg at ten past ten the hands should be pointing at 2 and 10 but point at 8 and 4).

HermioneJeanGranger Mon 20-Feb-17 23:58:49

Ask someone to look for tartan paint!

Perfectlypurple Tue 21-Feb-17 00:00:31

Or to go and get you a bucket of steam.

PuddleJumper01 Tue 21-Feb-17 00:04:22

Dried water

Bizzysocks Tue 21-Feb-17 00:16:41

Google 'never trust your mate arms' . I don't know how to link on my phone but it's the top result teamglobal. My DH did it to our 7 year old , it was the funniest they I have seen for ages (7 thought it was hilarious too)

FeralBeryl Tue 21-Feb-17 00:27:27

Mine is simple. It was my finest April fools moment.
I wrote the letter B on a big piece of paper and left it on the sink, then loudly shook DH awake and told him there was a giant bee in the bathroom and he must help me immediately grin
I get the kids with it all the time too.

GoodyGoodyGumdrops Tue 21-Feb-17 00:39:32

I got a lovely one of MN years ago, and played it on the dc one April Fools'.

Small bottles of Coke, emptied them out, mixed the Coke with gelatine, poured back in and left to set overnight.

Did you know you can drink jelly through a straw?grin

paddyplaistow Tue 21-Feb-17 00:41:03

Bizzy - my netnanny won't let me look !

bumblebeader Tue 21-Feb-17 01:35:58

One night I'd gone to bed before DH. I had been watching television in bed but turned it off before he came to bed. I was still awake but he didn't know it, and he also didn't know I still had the remote in my hand. I waited until he got comfy and then I switched the telly on from under the covers. He mutters, looks for the remote, can't find it so gets up to turn it off manually. Just as he reaches out to hit the off button, I turned it off. More muttering on his part, comes to bed, gets comfy and I turn it back on. Did this a few times but finally gave myself away because the bed was shaking from my silent laughter.

AYankinSpanx Tue 21-Feb-17 01:39:42

Methinks user above must have had a bad experience

Both 'pranks' and 'methinks.'

Challenging.

Who are you aiming to 'prank' OP?

Araminta99 Tue 21-Feb-17 01:54:56

FeralBeryl that's funny, I've heard someone do that with a leek in the sink grin

I've heard someone telling their colleague to contact Mr C. Lion and given them the phone number of the zoo!

onceyoupop Tue 21-Feb-17 08:29:59

Ooh Bizzysocks I'll take a look! Feral - love that, last year I did the leek in the bathroom which was great (esp as we'd just had a real leak).
Our family just find them good fun. Once my Dad fell asleep so I changed all the clocks forward an hour. He awoke and rushed out feeling he'd wasted a lot of time napping. So, whilst he was out, I put them back 2 hours & he arrived home earlier than he'd left, somewhat confused! smile

onceyoupop Tue 21-Feb-17 08:33:36

AYankin, I need something in the pipeline as I'm expecting a revenge prank from my sister following my J&R to her. My son and I would have fun doing these to my DH too. grin

CatThiefKeith Tue 21-Feb-17 08:34:46

A colleague once got me good and proper by saving my desk top as a screen shot and then setting the picture as my background so my icons didn't work.

I had to get IT to sort it out! blush

DoItTooJulia Tue 21-Feb-17 08:37:17

Unscrew the shower head and fill with red food colouring.

Or tea on a string is a good one!

JustSpeakSense Tue 21-Feb-17 08:43:23

What is a J&R ?

ShatnersWig Tue 21-Feb-17 08:45:33

People can be so gullible. I've done April Fool's stuff on my Facebook every year and every year the majority of people fall for it. Just a matter of making it believable.

However, my best real life one - used to work in a very very scenic village with a river running through it, enough that busloads of tourists used to descend throughout March - October sit on the grass alongside the river and bring the place to a halt. One day, friend and I were stopped by someone asking "the way to the beach". Bearing in mind this was 70 miles from the sea. The following year I got up early and put very well made signs up saying "to the beach" with arrows that took people along the path beside the river. After three quarters of a mile we dumped a few bags of sand, put a sign saying "beach" on it, built a sandcastle, pitched a deckchair and sat there with a picnic. Gave up counting the number of people that turned up by 11am.

Oh, and one year in the neighbouring village where a shop in the high street was being done up, and windows boarded up, I spoke to the builders and overnight replaced the board in the window with one that I had made that suggested that once the shop reopened it would be a sex shop.

onceyoupop Tue 21-Feb-17 08:47:30

Janet and Roy, take a look at some of the threads on here. It takes some pre planning (like all the good ones...)!

harderandharder2breathe Tue 21-Feb-17 09:06:04

At Scout camp this summer I was there as staff. One morning several Scouts came in individually to ask if anyone had found a lost brick. Then one came in with a brick that they had found that had "dave's brick" written on it. Then "dave" came in to ask for his brick back. We sent him to ask his leader for two short stands because it's very heavy. His leader sent him back to ask if a long weight would do. We said yes that would be fine. He did eventually return with a trolley and we lectured him on looking after his brick better in the future.

I imagine the leader brought the brick to camp every year with the same prank, relying on other leaders to go along with it, which I very much enjoy.

Long weight, two short stands, a box of air, tartan paint are all classics to send Scouts to ask for and whoever receives the request will play along. Even when the Scouts know or guess that it's a joke they go along with it

JeSouhaite Tue 21-Feb-17 09:16:36

ShatnersWig, your beach thing is exactly the kind of juvenile prank... that's right up my street! I would've laughed a lot if I'd fallen for it and laughed more to be in on it (I do have a terrible habit of laughing at my own jokes too much).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now