Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask which broadband provider you use?

(9 Posts)
Summerisdone Mon 20-Feb-17 21:28:20

Posting on here for traffic so hope it's allowed.
My current broadband and line rental contract is due to end soon so I was just wanting recommendations from people on which provider you all recommend and which you would steer clear of.
I'm looking for fibre speeds with unlimited usage and just basic line rental as I don't use landline. I also don't need TV packages as I have Now TV and Netflix.
Oh I can't get virgin in my area either so they're a definite no go.
Thanks

19lottie82 Mon 20-Feb-17 21:31:55

Sky fibre unlimited.

OH and I use the net a lot and we have 2 teen that are constantly streaming / watching Netflix, and it hasn't let us down yet.

I definitely wouldn't go for a fibre that wasn't fibre optic.

I think you can check out your options on uswitch?

19lottie82 Mon 20-Feb-17 21:32:27

For a SERVICE that wasn't fibre..... grin

StillStayingClassySanDiego Mon 20-Feb-17 21:33:15

BT here, no problems either.

bonfireheart Mon 20-Feb-17 21:35:13

Virgin Media, paying for fibre optic 100MB but am lucky to get 5MB most days. Even on fixed contracts they regularly increase the price. Customer service is appalling, but then I don't know who to switch to because they all have bad reviews. I tend to use the 4G on my EE phone because that doesn't let me down.

Summerisdone Mon 20-Feb-17 21:37:08

I'm with BT at the minute and have had no issues whatsoever but wanted to have a shop around for best deals, however I don't want to pick a provider with a great deal that turns out to be a shit service as it doesn't matter how little I'm paying then, it's not worth it if connection is crap or customer service is poor

early30smum Mon 20-Feb-17 21:38:33

We use TalkTalk as it was a very cheap deal. Most of the time no problems.

Setterlover Mon 20-Feb-17 21:40:33

Virgin because BT lines in my area are absolutely crap and every other company uses them.
It's not cheap but it is very reliable. Never have a problem and it's a breath of fresh air not to have to deal with BT on the phone

Autumnchill Mon 20-Feb-17 21:42:11

Dumped EE today as had engineer out twice so far this year and it's dropped off again and they took £114 for one of the visits and still waiting for my money back!

Just signed up with Sky fibre at £20 a month (existing customer) for 18 months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now