Talk

Advanced search

Do you accept or do you question?

(5 Posts)
Lurlene Mon 20-Feb-17 20:57:36

Went to a pizza restaurant today. The family in front of us in the queue to be seated requested to sit in view of the chefs making the pizza. The server said they would try and find them a seat but unfortunately the children's area was closed today.

The mother then interrogated the server about the reason it was closed and went on about it for so long the server went to check why from the management.

My step mother also likes to interrogate people who likely are only doing as they are told. Most memorable occasion being when she had an argument about a maze that was closed due to excessive mud ("But we've got wellies on").

This bemuses me because if I'm told something is closed then I just accept it and move on.

So, am I the odd one for just accepting these things? Which kind of person are you?

OooohHorlicks Mon 20-Feb-17 21:01:49

I'll question something if I genuinely don't understand. I have also been known to challenge decisions, but there is a point at which that just crosses over into bullying when you just refuse to accept the answer or when you're haranguing someone with little power to do anything about it. That's just shitty behaviour IMO.

OhTheRoses Mon 20-Feb-17 21:03:29

I question the big stuff.

harderandharder2breathe Mon 20-Feb-17 21:10:49

I would roll my eyes at someone questioning like that. The server isn't saying it just for fun, they're not picking on you, they're just doing their job. You're wasting everybody time just because you never learned to take no for an answer.

I'm a rule follower by nature and work in customer service

Ohyesiam Mon 20-Feb-17 21:13:38

I question a narcissistic loony ruling a world superpower, but I'm really cool about pizzas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now