Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think some mothers thrive on judging other mothers?

(11 Posts)
NapQueen Mon 20-Feb-17 18:51:00

Im sick of it. People I know putting nasty judgemental statuses on their Facebook. People out and about making loud "directed" comments about how they would do things instead.

Looks and glances and muttering behind hands when someones kid dares have a tantrum or does something vaguely cheeky or naughty.

Honestly. These people need to realise that we are all just trying our fucking best. Kids dont come with a manual and there really is no "One Way".

We are stronger united. Nice people dont make others feel like shit just to make themselves feel better. Nice people accept that sometimes we all take short cuts or give in or go back on a threat weve issued to our kid.

And this isnt even just stuff thats directed at me and my kids. Just people I seem to come into contact with. Specifically a couple of people who I unfortunatley cannot always see less of.

UserReuser Mon 20-Feb-17 18:52:01

This is aibu on mum set, the epic centre of judging mothers! Probably not the best place to ask

NavyandWhite Mon 20-Feb-17 18:52:54

brewcake
You're not wrong.

NapQueen Mon 20-Feb-17 18:53:22

User probs not. But probably the most vocal board.

EssentialHummus Mon 20-Feb-17 18:53:51

I think it's insecurity a lot of the time. There's no manual. There's no "right way" for a lot of things. Instead of saying you do your thing, we'll do ours people resort to shrieking and jibes.

DorotheaHomeAlone Mon 20-Feb-17 18:54:06

Never experienced this. I meet a lot of nice sympathetic mothers everywhere I go. I'm sure there are judgemental types out there but the people I meet who are currently in the thick of parenting tend to be very sympathetic.

WorraLiberty Mon 20-Feb-17 18:56:26

I hear this all the time in my job (lollipop lady).

A group of mums (never seems to be dads) will walk to school together with their kids.

Then when they come back out through the gate - minus a couple of other mums, they're often heard bitching about them/their kids/their parenting.

Yet to theirs and their kid's faces, they're as nice as pie confused

fiorentina Mon 20-Feb-17 18:56:27

Some people are just very judgy about everything. Delete them from social media and try and spend time with those who are positive and add something to your life? Tricky at times but will make you feel far happier.

There are lots of fun and not judgy parents out there to spend time with, you just need to find them.

SallyInSweden Mon 20-Feb-17 18:57:49

Only one FB friend who does this and she's an idiot acquaintance.

I will say though, most people are quite open to being judged fabulous or super mum or stunning. So it isn't the process, it is the answer we get huffy about.

SamVJ888 Mon 20-Feb-17 19:04:19

Colleague does this. Glad her child isn't "from a broken home" (I'm divorced) so happy she waited until she was married to have children rather than "some stupid teenage kid who has sex with the first person who shows attention" (another colleague was a teenage mum and a bloody good mum too), blah blah blah. I put it down to her being insecure and unhappy grin

Camelsinthegobi Mon 20-Feb-17 19:20:56

It's not just Mums. Often insecure people judge others to make themselves feel better. It's v sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now