Talk

Advanced search

Concerned about safety

(5 Posts)
Beesandbutterflies327 Mon 20-Feb-17 17:35:06

I'm slightly concerned about the safety of my step children with their mother (1 aged 6 one aged 1) she seems unsafe with the things she does then acts like it's funny which is disturbing! The recent 3 have been her standing on something to reach something, fell and knocked herself unconscious, setting fire to the house by accident and the fire service and ambulance had to come out and treat them all for inhalation of toxic fumes and the littlest having a blanket over his face when sleeping and when she eventually went to check up on him he'd gone red and floppy (he was absolutely fine even though I was SO angry, she laughed it off and was like 'it's okay I saved him' angry ) it's never happened at ours as we take precautions and if he sleeps with a blanket we take it away when he's fallen asleep or tuck it into the bed so he can't pull it over his face, I just don't think she should be living alone if she's that unsafe!! Just wanted a rant reallyconfused

witsender Mon 20-Feb-17 17:36:31

So these are your partner's children? What does he say?

witsender Mon 20-Feb-17 17:37:23

None of it sounds like she is massively unsafe to be honest, the first two things at least are complete accidents.

Missrubyring Mon 20-Feb-17 17:41:04

Maybe she's using humour to hide how horrified or scared she was, I know I've made light of things that have scared me and it was either downplay it or break down and cry.
I bet I'm not the only one who does it either.

hyacinthwannabe Mon 20-Feb-17 18:12:58

Would u rather she broke down and begged ur forgiveness for her clumsiness. How often are the children with you compared to with her? Are these the only incidences. What age is she and the children? Maybe we need more information on everyday life with her before we put our judge hats on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now