Talk

Advanced search

Confidence issues...

(2 Posts)
Sarb81 Mon 20-Feb-17 10:10:19

I have always struggled with self-confidence and self-esteem – both of which I have decided that I need to work on. Whilst it’s not debilitating I have found that it is starting to creep into my thoughts and ‘take over’. I am always questioning my worth in all aspects of my life e.g. am I a good enough mum, im not good at my job, why cant I make and hold conversations with people…… I have felt for a long time that my lack of self-belief holds me back at work and until I address this I will remain at the same level in my career and whilst I am not solely focussed on progressing in my career I would like to be the best version of myself. So any suggestions with regards to coping strategies and perhaps equally as important, a course that one of you lovely mumsnetters may have attended that might help? TIA x

Fiddlefaddle2303 Mon 27-Mar-17 20:43:21

Hi,
I could have written your post, although my confidence issues are mainly about work.
This has been going on for years, however I have recently been offered an amazing opportunity and I'm struggling. I don't believe people when they say I'm doing well and feel that I add little value (I am a member of the leadership team for this job).....
I am in the middle of reading the Chimp Paradox, it's very good and goes some way to explain why this is happening and what to do to control. I have also reached out to a life coach and plan to have a few sessions to help me.
I wish you all the best and if you discover a magic wand please let me know!
It's really draining isn't it?
Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now