Talk

Advanced search

To think I've been bitten by something in the night?

(7 Posts)
ShizerMinelli Mon 20-Feb-17 08:00:32

Please help - have what I think are little bites just on my thumb. Tiny blisters that are red where I've scratched the top off them. Super itchy, and all just in one area. Incidentally this hand is the only part of me that is ever out of the bedding at night.

We don't have pets and do not think fleas or bed bugs. But could it have been an insect? It is so so itchy. Do I need to fumigate?

Bedding airs every day, always washed, house is clean and tidy. Perhaps a spider?

lionsleepstonight Mon 20-Feb-17 08:22:32

No, it looks to me like a skin condition. Molluscs something. I've had it. It flares up now and then.

SaltandPepperRibs Mon 20-Feb-17 08:24:50

I get this, it's a kind of contact dermatitis, like if I use certain washing up liquid or whatever.

BistoBear Mon 20-Feb-17 08:27:08

I also think it's contact dermatitis, link below...

www.nhs.uk/conditions/eczema-(contact-dermatitis)/Pages/Introduction.aspx

MetalMidget Mon 20-Feb-17 08:28:55

Looks a bit like when I have a mild outbreak of Pompholyx (type of eczema). Stop scratching, get some cream!

SaudadeObama Mon 20-Feb-17 08:32:02

If it's not what others have said then it's ants. Maybe check for them. Not sure if they bite in the uk but I know when we lived in London there was a case of tiny foreign invaders that were all over old buildings in our area. The council came with leaflets to look out for them.

ShizerMinelli Mon 20-Feb-17 08:33:39

Thank you all so much. I do get eczema anyway but have never had it like this - I was using new cleaning products yesterday so does tie in!

Praying it's that and not ants!

Appreciate it - was about to fumigate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now