Talk

Advanced search

To ask for help with bloke at work

(11 Posts)
NancyCarolinesTorch Sun 19-Feb-17 21:06:43

My job involves me going into my mum's place of work sporadically. Sometimes once in a week, sometimes several times. About 2 weeks ago, I was there speaking to a bloke who works there (on a professional level) when another guy came up to us ans said something along the lines of ''did you know Nancy is JaneCaroline's daughter''? Short conversation where I confirmed this and bloke 2 wanders off. All fine. Finished up with work stuff, went to the loo, pottered about etc. Went to leave. Bloke 2 comes up andoing asks if he offended me. I was slightly confused at this point until he elaborated that he was referring to the previous conversation. I said ''of course not'' and carried on my merry way. Thought nothing of it.

However. Since then every time I see him he apologises ando tells anyone nearby- his colleagues ando mine- that he has offended me and that I'm mad at him. It's started to make me feel really uncomfortable and other people have now mentioned it to me too.

I don't really know why he thinks he'said offended me or how to deal with it now confused

DameDeDoubtance Sun 19-Feb-17 21:20:13

Ask him to stop saying it, preferably in front of someone else.

NancyCarolinesTorch Sun 19-Feb-17 21:30:56

I have! I have repeatedly said that I was in no way offended and that there's no need to keep bringing it up. This seems to further cement his conviction that I am cross with him hmm

DameDeDoubtance Sun 19-Feb-17 21:38:13

Tell him that he is making you uncomfortable, if he refuses to stop then avoid him, he sounds really odd.

ScarlettFreestone Sun 19-Feb-17 22:02:29

Take him aside and tell him to stop.

Tell him he has imagined the whole incident but that is he continues this nonsense you will be angry and will complain.

Monkeypuzzle32 Sun 19-Feb-17 22:38:23

is it a particularly crap chat up line?

haveacupoftea Sun 19-Feb-17 22:40:55

Is this yet another 'bloke at work is acting weird but def doesn't fancy me' thread confused

RumAppleGinger Sun 19-Feb-17 22:41:53

Next time he starts banging on about how he annoyed you I would say, No, as I've told you several times now I wasn't annoyed when you said it, however I am now as you keep trying to make a big deal about it. Please stop.

WetDogLovesHubert Sun 19-Feb-17 22:46:34

Why not take a new tactic, and take him aside for a general chat? Ask him openly to chat about anything bothering him, and keep asking open questions to see if you can get him to open up. He is unlikely to change, if your tactics don't!

MichaelSheensNextDW Sun 19-Feb-17 23:37:30

Speak to his line manager about his disruptive, attention-seeking behaviour.

NancyCarolinesTorch Sun 19-Feb-17 23:51:25

Thanks guys. I think I'll pull him as aide next time and firstly ask why he thought I was annoyed and explain that although I certainly wasn't at the time, I am starting to become annoyed.

haveacupoftea I have no idea if he fancies me or not. If he does this is a pretty strange way to go about telling me...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now