Talk

Advanced search

To be upset about finding out DP & his ex have matching tattoos...

(17 Posts)
Libby34 Sun 19-Feb-17 21:04:29

Ok so the tattoos do symbolise the child they have together. But I just had no idea his ex had it too. I've just seen a photo on fb, and it's in exactly the same place too. I know I probably sound mental but for some reason it's really upset me. AIBU? Should I tell him? Or just let it slide sad

LucyLastik Sun 19-Feb-17 21:05:30

Let it slide. Everyone has a history

AllTheLight Sun 19-Feb-17 21:06:23

Let it slide. It's before he met you.

Libby34 Sun 19-Feb-17 21:06:58

I know I know.. sad thanks ladies.

ReasonablyIntelligent Sun 19-Feb-17 21:08:55

I'd be upset too, OP, if that helps.
Unfortunately there is (practically literally) nothing to be done about ut.
The feeling of upset will fade

BestZebbie Sun 19-Feb-17 21:10:58

YANBU in any case except the shared child one, I think. They did do that together, just the two of them.

Brokenbiscuit Sun 19-Feb-17 21:11:16

Look, they share a child. That's way more significant than a tattoo, but it didn't put you off. It's history. Forget about it.

JustSpeakSense Sun 19-Feb-17 21:12:19

I would feel exactly as you do.

But, seriously, let it go. Everybody has a past.

Rising above it will demonstrate your relationship is bigger than your previous history.

user1483387154 Sun 19-Feb-17 21:13:12

I would feel the same too, but you have to let it go x

AlisonBlunderland Sun 19-Feb-17 21:13:13

I would assume that having a child together is more significant than matching tattoos.

JeNeSuisPasVotreMiel Sun 19-Feb-17 21:14:34

My XP has a tattoo dedicated to me on his arm.
Idiot.
I have less than no feelings for him, nor him me.
You could always suggest a redesign, not to obliterate it but change its appearance without losing the meaning.

SmellySphinx Sun 19-Feb-17 21:17:00

I'd only be arsed if I didn't know and my partner had asked me to get the same tattoo!!
It's a bit poo but what can you do?

Whatthehellhashappened Sun 19-Feb-17 21:17:08

Oh god i would hate this if I'm honest 😩

Although for some reason if he had her name, it would be slightly worse

ProudBadMum Sun 19-Feb-17 21:18:04

They have a child together so what's a tattoo really

ActuallyThatsSUPREMECommander Sun 19-Feb-17 21:19:42

They're bound together for life by their shared child. The tattoo is just a helpful visual sign of that in case you happen to forget.

ivykaty44 Sun 19-Feb-17 21:23:15

I know of a couple that have tattoos that fit together when they stand side by side..... That tbh would be worse

Trying to make you feel better op

Libby34 Sun 19-Feb-17 21:28:04

I think I feel worse because I've suggested before that we got a tattoo to symbolise "us" (never actually happened!) and now I feel a bit of a boob.

I'm quite aware they have a child together, and definitely don't need a tattoo to remind me hmm

Haha, yes tattoos that join up would be much worse!! Got to be thankful for something I guess 😁

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now