Talk

Advanced search

To want a nursing dress that isn't maternity wear?

(14 Posts)
WooWoo1000 Sun 19-Feb-17 19:15:24

I'm going to a Christening soon and need a smart dress that allows access for breastfeeding. All of the nursing dresses I've found so far are also maternity dresses and therefore will be too big. Does anyone know where I can find dresses that are purely designed for nursing? At the mo it seems like my only option is a jersey wrap dress - I'd much prefer something with a bit of structure. Thanks!

DappledThings Sun 19-Feb-17 19:30:04

There's a Facebook group called "Can I Breastfeed In it? - UK" full of good ideas.

For my brother's wedding I wore a top and skirt from Coast that made it easy. Staff in Coast were really helpful about ideas of what would work

Aliveinwanderland Sun 19-Feb-17 19:31:00

I stared a thread on this the other day! Drives me mad that nursing dresses are a maternity fit- I'm not pregnant!

Nicketynac Sun 19-Feb-17 19:44:13

And strangely many tops suitable for breastfeeding are skintight, accentuating all your lovely post-baby lumps.

ISpeakJive Sun 19-Feb-17 19:50:55

I recently went to a christening and wore a smart shirt dress. Easy access because all I had to do was undo my buttons.

WooWoo1000 Sun 19-Feb-17 20:38:59

Thanks all! Will look into all the suggestions!

Cakescakescakes Sun 19-Feb-17 20:39:50

I wore a top and skirt to a wedding when DS was 3 weeks old. Much easier to manage than an unflattering dress.

MalibuSeafood Sun 19-Feb-17 20:40:32

Envie de Fraise has nice dresses that are nursing fit and not maternity wear.

WooWoo1000 Sun 19-Feb-17 20:41:20

Thanks all! Will look into all the suggestions!

Rhayader Sun 19-Feb-17 20:41:58

I think I have the jersey wrap dress you are talking about grin (Jojo?)

I bought it for a wedding when DS was 3 months, it's not easy to find breastfeeding dresses!

Racheyg Sun 19-Feb-17 20:49:21

I got one from ASOS and it was very reasonable. I had a few weddings while breastfeeding and I brought some shirt dresses, as I found that I didn't want to spend lots of money on dresses that I won't wear after ds2 had weaned.

TepidCat Sun 19-Feb-17 20:52:00

I wore a dress to a wedding when breast feeding with a vest top underneath. Dress had a deep V neckline (sort of wrap cross over at the top but normal bottom part - Phase eight). Vest up, dress down - very discreet. Good luck!

meganorks Sun 19-Feb-17 20:54:58

I'm not sure about dresses with a bit of structure (what do you mean?!), but I found several dresses suitable for breastfeeding when I just went looking in my usual shops. Ended up with a silklike dress from oasis with a lovely print that had a popper between my books. It kind of looked like a wrap dress with a cross over style at the boons but wasn't. Seen the same style dress in oasis since.

Annie592 Mon 20-Feb-17 00:10:58

www.seraphine.com/nursing-clothes/nursing-dresses.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now