Talk

Advanced search

Squeaky shoes... really?? Wtf.

(24 Posts)
Redtartanshoes Sun 19-Feb-17 18:05:44

In departure lounge. Flight delayed. There is a (admittedly cute) wee girl with what appears to be squeakers in her shoes. Every time she takes a step it's like someone squeezing a dog toy. Every. Fucking. Step.

She's currently doing laps. Her mother totally obliviously to the hideous noise.

What sort of fucking idiot buys shoes like that??

Diamondsandpurls Sun 19-Feb-17 18:11:24

Oh I've experienced these shoes at playgroup. Only an imbecile would purchase them

OddShoe Sun 19-Feb-17 18:19:48

I saw a toddler in those at the park once. They were bizarre! I wonder what the thinking behind them is.

GloGirl Sun 19-Feb-17 18:21:24

My MIL bought the children a squeaky chair. Oh the hours of fun to be had! hmm

Redtartanshoes Sun 19-Feb-17 18:22:17

They were kinda cute for the first 10 seconds. After an hour of squeak squeak fucking squeak it's not even funny.

At least it stops when she falls over.... wink

ditzychick34 Sun 19-Feb-17 18:24:47

Wtaf! Why!!

Tattybogle89 Sun 19-Feb-17 18:24:56

Seen this on a kid in supermarket yesterday. Veerrrry irritating. I thought maybe its a case of if u lose sight of your child at east you can see them!? But id be embarrassed letting my.child wear them

SaudadeObama Sun 19-Feb-17 18:26:17

Shiiiit
You poor thing. Although they can be amusing m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha-3MiVa7-Y

GummyGoddess Sun 19-Feb-17 18:32:05

The squeaker should be removable, if you're feeling up to it you could ask the mother to remove it?

Redtartanshoes Sun 19-Feb-17 18:42:36

At the moment I'd like to remove shoes and beat mother to death with them.... ~not~ ~really~

HerBluebiro Sun 19-Feb-17 18:47:33

I think they are very cute shoes. But there is a time and a place. A trapped space (eg departure lounge) is not it. In a park there are loads of other noises so perfect place!

Waffles80 Sun 19-Feb-17 18:48:34

I've experienced this horror at a playgroup too.

What was strange was that the boy concerned was very, very naughty - snatching toys, pushing other kids, screaming - and the mum clearly found his behaviour mortifyingly embarrassing.
She also indicated this was pretty standard for him.

Why draw further attention to yourself with shoes that announce his every step and stamp? INFURIATING.

That said, DMIL sewed bells to the slippers of all her boys so she could hear what they were up to!

Sittingintheshade Sun 19-Feb-17 18:51:05

We were subjected to these on our honeymoon, small child (nicknamed 'squeaky shoes') was at our hotel...... so annoying! You have my sympathy!!

Ihatethedailymail1 Sun 19-Feb-17 18:52:01

They sell these all over the place in Spain and China. Whatever floats your boat! My dd had a dress up pair when she was 3, she loved them!

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Sun 19-Feb-17 18:53:47

Lionel Ritchie singing 'All night long 'is popular in departure lounges I hear!! Maybe download it and play on full on your phone?

catiscomfybutIneedapee Sun 19-Feb-17 18:54:09

I thought squeaky shoes were not paid for?

bumsexatthebingo Sun 19-Feb-17 18:57:35

Good lord. I thought you meant patent shoes or something that slightly squeaked and was going to say ywbu. But actual squeakers in kids shoes??? What kind of sadist invented those????
I think you're going to have to go full on weird to alert parents so oblivious to the wrongness of those shoes. I reckon saying 'squeak' after every squeak should have the shoes removed or the child sitting pretty sharpish!

Jayfee Sun 19-Feb-17 18:59:02

i was on a very tedious train journey the other day and had 3 little children each jumping 100 times very loudly in the small waiting room. wish some mums realised we dont all think everything their child does is wonderful.

Redtartanshoes Sun 19-Feb-17 19:01:00

The mother in question is totally oblivious to it, sitting on the floor giggling away. You know the type.

Redtartanshoes Sun 19-Feb-17 19:01:46

They are ridiculously loud. Think dog toy. Over. And over.

LaVieBoheme Sun 19-Feb-17 19:04:47

Oh God I hate these. A child in the nursery I work in has them. I curse her mother every day she wears them

BattleaxeGalactica Sun 19-Feb-17 19:13:30

Lord above. I thought Heely's must be the last word in indulgent insanity until I read this. Just pray she's not going to the same hotel as you, OP shock

Redtartanshoes Sun 19-Feb-17 19:16:53

Thankfully I am going home! 2 hour delay though.

It's the very epitome in entitled parenting surely? Although the wee girl is very cute smile

Cherrysoup Sun 19-Feb-17 19:21:18

I'm afraid I'd be asking her to take off the child's shoes. I think that is incredibly annoying when you're stuck somewhere. Is she going to let her run round the plane annoying people too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now