Talk

Advanced search

To ask you to write the word link before any actual links!

(9 Posts)
MojitoMollie Sun 19-Feb-17 17:49:00

It's so annoying when you're reading a thread and you think ohh there's a link but it's one of those bloody crappy skim links

So... would IABU to ask you to write the word link before any actual links! So I know it's a deliberate one

CatchTheRainbow Sun 19-Feb-17 17:50:14

confused

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Sun 19-Feb-17 17:58:53

Maybe I'm missing something but I really dont get why people are bothered by this.

Mumsnet needs to generate revenue. Don't click the links if you don't want to. It's obvious when it's a deliberate posting.

donquixotedelamancha Sun 19-Feb-17 19:18:16

What is a skim link? Why would there be links on a thread, not from the posters?

Cherrysoup Sun 19-Feb-17 19:24:43

You can't tell until you've posted if it will create a link and it is something mumsnet are trialling. Someone has to pay for this place. You don't have to click on it. confused

MaidOfStars Sun 19-Feb-17 19:27:07

OP is asking posters to write the word 'Link' before a link they've actually linked to. Thus, any link that is autolinked by Mumsnet will be recognisable as a an autolink because it isn't preceded by the word 'Link'.

MojitoMollie Sun 19-Feb-17 19:27:46

i know you dont have to click on it hmm - but when you're reading a thread and a link turns up, you have to think twice about if it is actually related to the post or if its just a bloody advert

we have side bar / top of page / bottom of page adverts, and they're bad enough - but at least you know they're a proper ad, not like if i put eBay and Amazon in my post (will see if they skim link) and you dont know if i put the link in, or its just an advert

SparklyLeprechaun Sun 19-Feb-17 19:31:17

I'm bothered by this because when I scroll up or down on my phone 8 times out of 10 I inadvertently click on a stupid link. It's annoying.

donquixotedelamancha Sun 19-Feb-17 22:24:24

"OP is asking posters to write the word 'Link' before a link they've actually linked to."

I understood that. I've just never seen a skim link as described. However realised it must be a mobile thing, I'm on a laptop. Your complaints seem entirely reasonable from the description.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now