Talk

Advanced search

Gp or not so much?

(17 Posts)
maltesersarethedevil Sat 18-Feb-17 19:37:03

Posting here ... traffic.
So 4 weeks ago exactly I had a really heavy cold, totally floored me for 3-4 days but took about 10-14 days before I felt well again.

Well it sodding back for round two! This time it hurts even when I blink, heavy icy feeling limbs awful sore throat head feel like it's in a vice even with all the usual potions.

Any advice on how to get shot once and for all.

I never normally get anything it's been years since I had a cold or bug.

maltesersarethedevil Sat 18-Feb-17 19:38:14

Also to add feeling very stiff when I move about.

Stripeyblanket Sat 18-Feb-17 19:39:14

Sounds possibly like flu. You could ring 111 for some advice but nothingn can be done for flu.paracetamol, vitamins and plenty of
Fluids.

arbrighton Sat 18-Feb-17 19:40:44

That actually sounds more like proper flu. Wouldn't get same cold twice as you'd have developed immunity

OopsDearyMe Sat 18-Feb-17 19:42:34

Oh yes, this is what I called the TNT cold, coz it was like a normal cold but ramped up to the max. No real good remedies, just the usual vitamin C etc

lljkk Sat 18-Feb-17 19:45:58

I had my first 2 colds in the last 2 months, since I dunno when. Very annoying. Just some rough bugs going around. I would see a GP if I thought I was gonna die, was running a high fever, couldn't keep fluids down, etc. Not because I had 2 colds in the space of 3 months.

maltesersarethedevil Sat 18-Feb-17 19:47:47

Lljkk that's what am thinking is it a total waste of gp time?

I think I am cold, however dh says I am roasting and keeps sterling my hot water bottle the evil man!

mummypeepee Sat 18-Feb-17 19:55:06

Call 111 if full on flu you can get tamiflu. If you are cold but hot to touch sounds like fever and you may have an infection.

IvorHughJarrs Sat 18-Feb-17 19:58:47

I don't think any point in GP as they can't do anything for viruses anyway. The bugs do seem really severe this year. I haven't had a cold for years but have had 3 this year

I suspect the advice would just be fluids, paracetamol, ibuprofen, fluids and over the counter stuff like cough sweets, etc as you feel helps you

cardibach Sat 18-Feb-17 20:18:16

I've had a cold that seemed to come back for round 2 and completely floored me the second time. I'm guessing it's not a new infection but the further development of the first one. I've been on half term this week (teacher) and been ill for all of it. Gutted.

MrsMulder Sat 18-Feb-17 20:21:40

I swear by lemsip max strength.

user1484394242 Sat 18-Feb-17 20:23:24

You're best off without the hot water bottle if you have a fever. Even though you feel cold

Hope you feel better soon

Toomuchocolate Sat 18-Feb-17 20:24:18

Have you taken your temperature? If it stays high despite paracetamol and ibruprofen then you probably need to see a doctor.

maltesersarethedevil Sat 18-Feb-17 20:29:03

User you're as mean as dh 😉

Temp 38.8 regular lemsip/ ibuprofen.

Thanks guys I'll see it out till Monday at least and see what happens.

KayTee87 Sat 18-Feb-17 20:31:54

I'm the same op but I just thought I hadn't had time to recover (have a 6mo ds and look after my 2yo dn 3 times a week) I just want a few days in bed sad

Hope you feel better soon.

user1484394242 Sat 18-Feb-17 20:33:12

Malteser, I've been at my 4yr old all day. He wants his quilt! He's just fallen asleep and I've swapped it for a thinner blanket. He opened his eyes, glared at me and went back to sleep

maltesersarethedevil Wed 22-Feb-17 18:20:36

Just an update for anyone who cares on antibiotics now for sinusitis

☹️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now