Talk

Advanced search

To ask you about Ugg Wilcox Boots

(49 Posts)
Proseccohoho Sat 18-Feb-17 13:18:35

MN recommendation and currently half price at Ugg - can you tell me if these will be ideal/warm enough to visit New York in December? A friend went last year and absolutely froze which partly spoiled it for her. Thinking these may be a good buy? Also would they suit a shortish person do you think?! And what do you wear with them? Be grateful for advice. Apologies for posting here but usually lots of traffic.smile

ElspethFlashman Sat 18-Feb-17 13:20:49

Definitely warm enough, they're boiling!

I just wear skinny jeans as mine fit inside them easily.

MrsJakeLovell Sat 18-Feb-17 13:24:35

I got them too from the mumsnet swears by - they are incredibly warm and comfortable. I've worn under bootcut jeans (so shoot me!), over skinny (or not so skinny in my case) and with woolly tights. I do like them very much! I'm 5'2"

Donthate Sat 18-Feb-17 13:28:04

Just back from ny and they will def be warm enough. Buy warm socks too just in case. The weather in ny can be changeable. We prepared for minus 10 and it was mild. My brother went and it was minus 25. Definitely ruined it for then they looked freezing on every photo!

PersisFord Sat 18-Feb-17 13:38:29

They will be perfect. Really cosy.

Youremywifenow Sat 18-Feb-17 13:58:22

If it was me, I'd buy some uggs as soon as I got there.
They are big and heavy for a plane or to pack in luggage. I've done flights before where I've taken off my big boots and my feet swelled and I couldn't get them back on again.

Proseccohoho Sun 19-Feb-17 22:06:43

Thank you! I have ordered some x

UterusUterusGhali Sun 19-Feb-17 22:48:10

I've recently got some Ugg Chelsea boots and honestly they are the warmest, comfiest "smart" shoes I've ever owned.

I got them full price (unlike me) and they're worth every penny.

Good idea about buying them there though. They used to be much cheaper too, but not with the pound like it is I suppose. sad

auntyemaily Tue 21-Feb-17 13:32:36

Thanks so much for posting this OP. It made me go back and check the website and my size were back in stock. Next day delivery and now in my possession. Love them so much. If you use quidco there is cashback too.

Proseccohoho Tue 21-Feb-17 13:52:44

I bought black and brown and decided I liked the brown best so kept them! I love them, heel height is just right, not too flat and very comfy. Roll on NY in December!

Good thinking about Quidco, we buy lots through that usually but this time I forgot. sad

Lancelottie Tue 21-Feb-17 13:55:59

Tempted too, but - how do you clean them, if they're suede-y rather than polished leather?

Proseccohoho Tue 21-Feb-17 14:14:18

I have had this leather before and just wipe over it with a damp cloth. They are water resistant so this also repels stains, etc x

Proseccohoho Tue 21-Feb-17 14:15:54

As they were half price I am really tempted to keep black pair too, but not sure DH would approve grin

BewtySkoolDropowt Tue 21-Feb-17 14:16:19

Gosh you are very good op! I ordered both colours and kept both colours... blush

Proseccohoho Tue 21-Feb-17 14:19:18

Ooh Bewty, you are naughty!! I love it! grin

walruswhiskers Tue 21-Feb-17 14:33:53

What's the fit like? I'm a spot on 7.5 shoe size.

GlassSeahorse Tue 21-Feb-17 14:37:41

I ordered the Wilcox boots in a 4 and the size was spot on.

A word of warning though... I had a maddening squeak in my hall that I was hearing for days. Drove me mad, convinced in was pipes etc. Turned out to be the left bloody Ugg boot. I only heard it in the hall as it's the quietest place in the house. Can't fathom how to make the squeak stop at all hmm.

ElspethFlashman Tue 21-Feb-17 14:45:34

walrus get the 8. The 7 are a 40 but the 8 are a 41.

fizzingmum Tue 21-Feb-17 14:54:02

Curiosity got the better of me and I googled these! I now have a brown pair winging their way to me as we speak! grin
Hope I don't like them enough to order the black ones too.

JessieMcJessie Tue 21-Feb-17 14:55:04

Not the pint of the thread but why didn't your friend just buy a warm coat and boots in NY rather than allowing her holiday to be spoilt by being too cold?

walruswhiskers Tue 21-Feb-17 15:10:25

Thanks!

Proseccohoho Tue 21-Feb-17 15:18:32

Jessie - friend did buy another coat and boots in NY but was still cold. I really didn't want to risk it. Maybe I should keep both pairs of boots....hmm

Lancelottie Tue 21-Feb-17 15:48:01

Thanks, Prosecco! Usually ankle deep in mud by the end of the village here.

Proseccohoho Wed 22-Feb-17 07:22:05

Right, need to decide whether to return black boots today as going to post office. I really like them but feel a bit guilty about keeping both pairs as not exactly flush at present. On the other hand, think I might regret it as I would wear them and they are a great fit and look like they would last forever. Will biker boots still be in fashion for a while? What would you do? wink

TootDeLaFroot Wed 22-Feb-17 07:30:00

Keep them! I wish I had both colours. They're an investment. (Ahem...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now