Talk

Advanced search

To be freaked out by these clicky link thingies?

(7 Posts)
PopGoesTheOysteryBullshit Sat 18-Feb-17 09:13:49

And to not even be bothered that "freaked out" sounds so dramatic?

Last year I got an Adware virus on my laptop. It took me ages to remove. The links were even appearing in word documents, and I was writing articles at the time, and having to send numerous documents a day.

When I saw the clicky things all over someone's post, I thought that the virus had come back! Brand new phone, a fair bit of personal info on it- I shat it!

Is anyone else annoyed with them?

sunnyhills Sat 18-Feb-17 09:43:34

I don't think they're anything to do with adware so on that maybe you can relax .
I really don't like them ,and others don't either . One poster said she fell asleep while MNetting and woke up finding she'd ordered something .

That seems a bit extreme but I think MN should have asked us or explained . Maybe they have and I've missed it .
There is a thread somewhere ,on some part of the forum ,with people complaining about it .

sunnyhills Sat 18-Feb-17 09:46:57

Found it ,in site stuff
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/site_stuff/2845367-Skimlinks-on-Talk

Somerville Sat 18-Feb-17 09:48:08

Download AdBlock Plus on your phone. It's free.

Somerville Sat 18-Feb-17 09:48:58

On your laptop, rather. Or remove MN from your whitelist if you have it already.

SomedayMyPrinceWillCome Sat 18-Feb-17 09:51:03

No skimlimks on the app - try that perhaps?

PopGoesTheOysteryBullshit Sat 18-Feb-17 11:38:32

Glad I'm not alone.

The only issue with the app is that I have my web font on the "huge" setting, and, when I downloaded the app I couldn't alter the font size, so was unable to read it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now