Talk

Advanced search

Stinky feet!!

(29 Posts)
Karmaisabitch Fri 17-Feb-17 22:49:36

Posting here for traffic

I am at my wits end with my feet! They stink ALL THE TIME!

They've been for a good 5 years, to the point I wear socks when I have sex! How embarrassing is that!

I took nail cuttings to docs who tested them & said there was absolutely no sign of a fungal infection even though I've had infection smelling toenails for at least 10 years now!

I've had enough, I'm honestly not coping, someone please help me!

user1477282676 Sat 18-Feb-17 08:27:08

What shoes are you wearing? Do you wear cotton socks? Do you wash them daily?

picklemepopcorn Sat 18-Feb-17 08:28:45

What have you tried? Menthol talc in your socks every day?

picklemepopcorn Sat 18-Feb-17 08:30:20

Synthetic shoes are awful, too. Some pairs just have to be binned because they are so stinky.
Do you ever let your feet out to air?! If you wear crocs as slippers, they will get a bit of air on them which will help!

justilou Sat 18-Feb-17 13:05:28

I have feet of death, too... If fungus has been ruled out, then the problem is bacteria caused by lovely warm, sweaty feet, dead skin and of course, synthetic shoes and sox. I have found that a light spray of an antibacterial antiperspirant (Rexona has a great one) is helping a lot. I also change my socks frequently (After every walk) and give my feet quick rub over with antibacterial gel and re-spray. I use 100% cotton socks only and put my sneakers in the freezer overnight once a week. It's really helped!

BoboChic Sat 18-Feb-17 13:08:53

Do you have a daily bath (not shower)? A good daily soak of your feet and a good wash with a friction mitt will keep sweat and bacteria at bay. Removing all dead skin and moisturizing will keep skin smooth and healthy.

Schwifty Sat 18-Feb-17 13:20:47

I have a ped egg and it's the most glorious disgusting thing ever! Tried pumices and foot files etc but nothing can beat having a damn good scrape then admiring how full (and smelly) it is afterwards. I wear flip flops at home whenever possible, and have to gently remove dead skin between my toes too after a shower.

SleepFreeZone Sat 18-Feb-17 13:21:08

Are they sweaty?

Karmaisabitch Sat 18-Feb-17 13:32:09

I wear canvas shoes which only cover my toes and not my whole foot so I can't wear socks with them.

I shower everyday but don't have baths, when I'm at home I take my shoes off at every given opportunity as I hate wearing shoes.

Even now sat writing this, my feet are absolutely stinking!

I wonder if that's why my ex left me! hmm he did force me to scrub my feet once lol!

Yoksha Sat 18-Feb-17 13:37:41

I use pure lavender oil applied between toes with a q tip. Told older teenage grandchildren to do apply it weekly. No more cheesy wotsit feet. I even massage lavender oil once a month. Put socks on before bed. Mmmm, feeling sleepy thinking about it.

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Sat 18-Feb-17 14:10:34

Go back to the doc, just because it's not your toenails doesn't mean you don't have a skin infection.

Use a special deodorant for feet, wear only cotton socks, treat all your shoes with anti fungal and anti bacterial spray frequently.

Soak them nightly, file off dead skin, keep them moisturised so there aren't cracks for bacteria to lurk and sweat to build up.

BubbleBed Sat 18-Feb-17 14:12:23

Canvas shoes with no socks are the worst. I had a housemate like that once and it was vile.

Change your shoes. Use shoe deodorant. And wash your feet. And wear cotton socks with decent shoes.

AHedgehogCanNeverBeBuggered Sat 18-Feb-17 14:12:27

If none of the above works, keep pestering your GP until you're referred to a podiatrist, you may get offered botox if you have hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating).

tectonicplates Sat 18-Feb-17 14:15:57

You can soak your feet in warm water with 15 drops of tea tree oil added. Soak for 15 minutes a day. If it works, you'll notice the difference after a few days to a week.

Pastaagain78 Sat 18-Feb-17 14:21:13

I would think your shoes are not helping as you are wearing them with no socks. Try bamboo socks as well.

EnidButton Sat 18-Feb-17 14:26:13

Wash your feet using hibi scrub. Dry them with a towel straight away and then dry them again, in between your toes with a hair dryer on a warm setting. Only use cotton socks. Get some of those low front trainer socks to wear with your shoes and buy new shoes as the ones you have will just make your feet smell again.

www.boots.com/hibiscrub-skin-cleanser-250ml-1-bottle-10086267

user1477282676 Sat 18-Feb-17 14:26:19

OP when you put your last post...about the canvass shoes and no socks, I thought you must be a troll! A foot fetish troll! Its so OBVIOUS that this is why your feet smell bad that I'm surprised you've even posted this!

You need socks and better shoes.

user1471433377 Sat 18-Feb-17 18:54:13

It sounds like you may have an overgrowth of harmless bacteria; it's very common. Best thing to do is use tea tree oil soaks/salt water soaks; ensure your feet are completely dry after; be bare foot as much as possible. Wash any hoisery at 60; avoid wearing anything such as tights etc that will trap moisture; wear shoes in natural materials that allow your feet to breathe; and get rid of any old foot wear that seems to accerbate the problem. Also see a reputable podiatrist

Dahlietta Sat 18-Feb-17 19:15:33

I wear canvas shoes which only cover my toes and not my whole foot so I can't wear socks with them.

Yup, that's your problem right there. I used to wear shoes without socks when I was a teenager and my feet stank then too. If you're really that bothered about the smell, you're going to have to change your (disgusting) footwear habits. Clearly you do have socks as you must confused put them on to have sex...

WaitrosePigeon Sat 18-Feb-17 19:39:21

Hmm

ClopySow Sat 18-Feb-17 20:14:50

Hmm indeed.

picklemepopcorn Sun 19-Feb-17 13:15:34

Would canvass shoes be ok if they went through the wash regularly? I'm surprised canvass is an issue. Never washing them and wearing no socks would be though...

unfortunateevents Sun 19-Feb-17 13:18:43

Surely you can't spend your whole life in canvas shoes with no socks?

Karmaisabitch Sun 19-Feb-17 13:29:22

I take a pair of socks everywhere with me to put on when I take my shoes off.

I have worn canvas shoes for at least 5 years now.

BubbleBed Sun 19-Feb-17 13:31:49

And in your OP you say you've had this problem for a good 5 years now..... See the link?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now