Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to leave them a note - A parking one

(47 Posts)
StarryIllusion Fri 17-Feb-17 22:16:44

I know how you all love a parking one. With a diagram! A shitty diagram with wonky lines but still!

Right. On my way to work I have to go through a train station car park. To get out of the carpark you either have to go out onto main road the way the cars get in and out or use the pedestrian exit which is a little sloped ramp thing for wheelchair access. It isn't immediately obvious to those not familiar with the area, not painted or marked out so it could be an accident but there is always the same 4X4 parked on the ramp. I think he thinks it is a space. Though what he thinks the railing is there for is beyond me... It is there almost every day. I squeeze past so to me it is just an annoyance but today I went through there with a buggy and had to go out where the cars come in and all the way round the back of a pub on the corner to get out of the car park as I couldn't get past. Took about 10 minutes. I was quite pissed off. Would be a pain in the arse for a wheelchair user. There is a dropped kerb by the car exit so didn't have to be in the road long but even so why should anyone have to go all the way round? Using the access road along side the shops would bring you out in the middle of a roundabout/taxi rink thing as there is a railing all the way along.

So. WIBU to stick a note under the wiper next time I see it telling them that it isn't a space and to please park the cuntmobile elsewhere. It's a whole fucking car park ffs, hardly short of space. DP thinks I could get in trouble for doing so but I can't see why? Nothing illegal about leaving a note, is there?

MrsBungle Fri 17-Feb-17 22:19:49

That is a tremendous diagram. Please take a bow.

I would definitely leave the note. From the quite frankly brilliant diagram, cunt Mobil must know that's not a space.

jules179 Fri 17-Feb-17 22:21:19

Can you ask the people in the train station to mark the ramp more clearly? Or to start stickering cars that park in non-spaces?

Somerville Fri 17-Feb-17 22:21:48

You can't get in trouble for leaving a note, no. But I would report it to whichever company operates the station car park.

Scarydinosaurs Fri 17-Feb-17 22:22:15

Leave a note!

StarryIllusion Fri 17-Feb-17 22:23:33

They don't own it. It is huge and is used by the Train station, shops, pub and a travel lodge. I don't know who actually owns it, possibly council.

And thank you. takes bow grin

StarryIllusion Fri 17-Feb-17 22:56:21

What would I write though? Please get your twatting car out of my way? I think they know it isn't a space but just don't care.

Chickiwick Fri 17-Feb-17 23:48:45

I leave notes ranging from 'Please park more considerately in future - you are blocking my drive, causing an obstruction and could cause an accident' to 'LEARN TO FUCKING PARK' depending on the time on the month blush

Cherrysoup Sat 18-Feb-17 00:02:53

Please stop parking here. It is not a parking space. It is a ramp access for disabled users. Leave off the bit about a pushchair, cynical me says that the driver will care more that it is disabled access.

TheProblemOfSusan Sat 18-Feb-17 00:04:52

Point out that they're blocking wheelchair access - if they haven't realised they'll be mortified. Of course they are clearly total bastards though, they know what they're doing.

GlitteryFluff Sat 18-Feb-17 00:07:51

Bravo
That diagram is beautiful

HappenstanceMarmite Sat 18-Feb-17 00:08:17

"Dear cunt driver. Just wanted to give you the heads up - your vehicle is causing an obstruction to wheelchair users and pushchairs. I'm sure you must be unaware of this, as only a completely thoughtless, selfish cunt would do this deliberately or without consideration for others. You're welcome.

Comedyusername Sat 18-Feb-17 00:08:59

Do it! This would drive me nuts. Perhaps start with a polite "Do you mind awfully not parking on this ramp, it's very difficult to get through with a buggy. It would be awful if your car got damaged as a result of someone trying to squeeze by".

Then, if you see it again, you can be a bit more blunt, like "I see you are still parking here. Please be more considerate" etc and then just keep ramping it up (no pun intended!).

But also why not ask in the station who runs the car park? Someone must know and they'll probably have the power to fine, clamp, tow away etc.

BlackeyedSusan Sat 18-Feb-17 00:09:11

put a note in his door handle... sorry I think i may have scratched your door while trying to get my wheelchair past.

they will spend ages looking for the non existant scratch ... or possibly there will be a real one from someone trying to get past.

fc301 Sat 18-Feb-17 00:11:28

Fantastic diagram, made my evening x

fc301 Sat 18-Feb-17 00:12:08

PS why are we all reading parking threads at midnight on a Friday?!

Bahh Sat 18-Feb-17 00:12:15

I wish I had the bravery to leave notes on inconsiderately parked cars but it's probably a good thing I don't as it would soon become a full time job. People are seriously shit!!!!

I'd report it to whoever owns/monitors the car park, or even the council. If it's disabled access surely it's legally protected in some way and arseholes can't just decide it's an overflow space.

maz210 Sat 18-Feb-17 00:25:20

I use a mobility scooter and people parking over dropped kerbs caused considerable inconvenience.

Please leave him a note!

EmeraldScorn Sat 18-Feb-17 03:54:45

"Move the fucking car or I'll move it for you!"

On a side note I love your diagram, it's very neat and precise; Good job!

Megatherium Sat 18-Feb-17 04:22:32

There should be a sign setting out parking charges etc which shows who operates the car park.

Chloe84 Sat 18-Feb-17 06:40:27

Absolutely right a note. Say you will notify to council and police.

And do call it cuntmobile.

Chloe84 Sat 18-Feb-17 06:40:44

Right?! Write

TaliDiNozzo Sat 18-Feb-17 06:43:47

I would leave the note. Polite at first. And agree with others, leave out the buggy situation, inconsiderate drivers wouldn't care about that. Point out the disability angle. Even a heartless bastard should understand that.

justilou Sat 18-Feb-17 13:14:15

Do you know anyone with a wheelchair? Get them to call 999 claiming to be stuck at the station because this knobend has parked his Cuntwagon on the ramp. Bet they get towed.

DontTouchTheMoustache Sat 18-Feb-17 13:27:14

Write a polite note asking him.not to park there as it blocks access.
If it doesn't work take a photo and upload to youparklikeacunt.com and write a note with a link to the picture.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now