Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Holiday

(9 Posts)
Hotpinkangel19 Fri 17-Feb-17 19:04:31

Looking for opinions please, I have 3 DC's, 2 Ds's and a DC. DD is 11, and has a different Dad to my Ds's. In August my DD is on holiday for 2 weeks with her Dad and stepmum. My DH would like to go away for a week the same time that she is on holiday, as he can get the time off work then.... I'm not sure, feel quite guilty going without her but DH says she's going abroad, will be nice to take the boys away too..... what do you all think? Just to add, we are going on a 2 week holiday all together in October too.

shaggedthruahedgebackwards Fri 17-Feb-17 19:09:45

Is there any reason why he can't take time off during the long summer holiday on week (s) that don't clash with when your DD is away with her Dad?

If he genuinely can't then I think fair enough

If he is is deliberately trying to engineer it so that he takes time off work for a family holiday while your DD is away then I wouldn't be impressed (if I was you)

DrivingMeBonkers Fri 17-Feb-17 19:17:22

Is your DH looking for the cheaper option? That's understandable.

Is it going to be a case of your DD gets a holiday, but your DSs don't because DH is restricted to when he can take time off?

Hotpinkangel19 Fri 17-Feb-17 19:20:33

Thank you for your replies, DH is Self Employed but August isn't as busy so would be easier to take the time off.... plus I guess it's cheaper. I don't drive and as he's a HGV driver he's away a lot so the boys wouldn't really get many days out/trips away.

2014newme Fri 17-Feb-17 19:25:27

I would take dd as well otherwise is excluded. Having double holidays is one of the few upsides to having separated parents. There are many downsides so at least let the poor girl come with you in holiday. If she us away 2 weeks in August that still leaves 2 weeks when she can come with you. Don't let your dp treat her like a second class citizen just because he isn't her dad. It's really unfair and says we are a family and you are an appendage. Don't be that parent.

Hotpinkangel19 Fri 17-Feb-17 19:36:59

Thank you, I feel awful, really stuck in the middle. I never had any experience of this as my parents have always been married/together. I don't know if he can take any other time off... I just don't feel happy to be there without her but it doesn't seem to bother anyone else, including DD. I just wanted to know if I ABU.

NoFuckingRoomOnMyBroom Fri 17-Feb-17 19:41:24

On the flip side though DD will get more holidays abroad than your DS's...
It is a difficult situation but I personally would go away as DD is abroad with her dad anyway.

321zerobaby Fri 17-Feb-17 19:42:14

I think it's fine to take your other dc away at the same time as dd is away, especially as you are having a family holiday all together in October.

Hotpinkangel19 Fri 17-Feb-17 19:51:08

Our main holiday is in October to Cuba for 2 weeks, DD goes to Turkey with Dad/Stepmum for 2 weeks. We would be thinking of a city break for 4-5 days. Possibly Denmark.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now