Talk

Advanced search

AIBU or has Ikea gone down the toilet?

(17 Posts)
Jeanne51 Fri 17-Feb-17 00:57:18

Went to Ikea and experienced the worst customer care ever. Ordered a footstool which took over an hour to be brought to the counter. Manager rude and aggressive. Disgusting service. Will never go back.

Chloe84 Fri 17-Feb-17 01:07:53

I don't go very often but last time I went, the assistant checked all the mattresses on display to find me the firm one I wanted to try, so I was grateful.

An hour wait is not good. Do you not have to pick up items up yourself?

Jeanne51 Fri 17-Feb-17 01:25:18

Not all items. Some they make you order and wait. I picked the matching chair up at the same time. Then had to order footstool separately at the checkout. I was the only person waiting. The place was a mess and chaotic.

Jeanne51 Fri 17-Feb-17 01:26:39

The assistants upstairs were okay but the manager and staff in collections were dreadful.

Jeanne51 Fri 17-Feb-17 01:29:24

The manager was nasty to my husband and said he was "loud" and how dare he be loud to her. He wasn't loud he is profoundly deaf in one ear and needs hearing aid which was visible. The place was noisy and he needed to lip read. Disgusting.

Jeanne51 Fri 17-Feb-17 01:30:28

He was unable to modulate the sound of his voice because the place was noisy.

avamiah Fri 17-Feb-17 01:33:02

Its not a store I would go to often because it takes hours to get around and I usually end up spending far too much money on other items I didn't go to buy in the first place.
And to be honest it's not that cheap nowadays .

avamiah Fri 17-Feb-17 01:44:07

Jeanne51,
My OH is deaf in one ear also and speaks very loudly especially over the phone.
He has had a few "run ins"over the years with people thinking he is shouting at them and being rude.

Grindelwaldswand Fri 17-Feb-17 01:50:28

My local IKEA is brilliant but it is pretty expensive for what it is now. I think they've got ahead of themselves and tried competing for an upperclass market status which they'll never have
£300 for a wardrobe that isn't even real wood been one example hmm or the folding deckchair sofa they brought out this week for £129 when it looks like its worth £10 shock

Jeanne51 Fri 17-Feb-17 01:56:08

Alamiah I wish people would be less harmful and try and understand disability. The good thing that came out was we used to love IKEA but never checked reviews of them. When I did today OMG. We were in the point of ordering a kitchen but not anymore. Plus we needed wardrobes but the reviews slated the quality etc

Jeanne51 Fri 17-Feb-17 01:56:50

smilegrin

Jeanne51 Fri 17-Feb-17 01:57:20

Sorry avamiah

Jeanne51 Fri 17-Feb-17 02:19:46

hmm very expensive

Rainatnight Fri 17-Feb-17 02:25:58

Last time I went, I got food poisoning from the restaurant and spent the next 12 hours with my head down the toilet (IKEA down the toilet. Geddit?)

nurseblonde Fri 17-Feb-17 02:34:21

Ikea is the only place where my husband and I argue. I can not cope in there!

user1477282676 Fri 17-Feb-17 02:43:20

That sounds AWFUL! Especially the bit about the manager calling your DH "loud"

Go on their social media...name the store and the date and time so Head OFfice can have a word with the manager about her treatment of people!

I am very hard of hearing like many of my family members and I know I can be loud and this would upset me so much.

TheBeastInMsRooneysRoom Fri 17-Feb-17 03:41:36

Their stock system is garbage. Whatever number of any item they claim to have online bears no resemblance at all to what's in the store. I even showed a worker on my phone how they were showing 0 stock of the bunk beds we had been waiting for for 5 weeks, yet when we went and trawled the self-serve aisles there were over 50. She just shrugged. I think the staff know that it's a fantasy stock-check and can't really do anything about it! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now