Talk

Advanced search

To ask for more information

(5 Posts)
Bahh Thu 16-Feb-17 20:45:15

Sorry not really in topic.

But earlier there was a thread about a woman whose boyfriend kept stealing food etc. I think it's been deleted as seemed troll-y.

There was a poster on there who said she had had therapy or something along those lines for binge eating disorder.

Would I be unreasonable to ask if that poster, or if any other poster with similar experience could please give me some more information (either by PM or here)?

Ta x

NotInMyBackYard1 Thu 16-Feb-17 20:47:56

I'm currently having a course of hypnotherapy for binge eating... what do you want to know?

Bahh Thu 16-Feb-17 20:51:28

How did you find the provider? And if you don't mind, how much it costs per session?

And mostly do you feel it's helping?

NotInMyBackYard1 Thu 16-Feb-17 21:26:07

Just Googling local clinics and reading reviews and so on. I paid 200 upfront for 6 sessions. I was very unsure about this having never done anything like counselling or hypnotherapy before.
I really feel that I've been taught many useful strategies for dealing with my emotions which is of course what leads to binge eating. I have binged twice since I started my sessions at the beginning of Jan - and both times I have stopped way before I would have done previously. I usually end up in a vicious binge/starve cycle - I have noticed a much more healthy carefree attitude to food which I haven't had in years - I have stopped obsessively counting calories and mentally totting up and weighing up food choices - I'm choosing food based upon its value to my health and crucially - how physically hungry I am.

Bahh Thu 16-Feb-17 22:34:03

Thank you, that's helpful. I'm getting closer to thinking I need something like this, I just don't know what to do anymore.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now