Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your experiences if clairvoyance?

(103 Posts)
plainchickencurrywithfriedrice Thu 16-Feb-17 20:29:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StripeyDeckchair Thu 16-Feb-17 21:13:50

Clairvoyance, psychics and the similar are all despicable people who prey on the vulnerabilities & weaknesses of others. There is no one talking to you from the other side, no one can look into the future, stop wasting your time with these frauds.

PurpleDaisies Thu 16-Feb-17 21:15:25

stripey we must have some sort of psychic connection...I was going to say exactly what you said.

SoleBizzz Thu 16-Feb-17 21:16:13

I predict a lot of sceptical responses.

Cross my palm with a crisp £50

Pearlmum1 Thu 16-Feb-17 21:19:29

I had one recently, a recommendation from a friend..what a load of....! She seemed a nice lady but what sort of person pretends your nan is trying to communicate with you? By the end I was sat listening to her thinking how on earth can you lie like this or are you totally deluded.

Nomoreworkathome Thu 16-Feb-17 21:20:56

I had an interesting session years ago. Remarkably accurate about past events..... events she couldn't have possibly known about

Maudlinmaud Thu 16-Feb-17 21:22:15

I saw one, when I was young and naive, she impressed me tbh. I then saw another a few years later, the whole process disgusted me.

MarciaBlaine Thu 16-Feb-17 21:24:06

Generic based nonsense from people who are good at reading others. I would do a healthy swerve myself. They prey on the bereaved and needy.

CatThiefKeith Thu 16-Feb-17 21:26:39

I've told this on here before:

My best friend at school was killed a few years after we left, in a horrific bike accident. His brother phoned me to tell me, but the funeral was close family only so I didn't go.

Couple of years after that I went to see a bloke my mums area manager knew, mainly to keep my mum company. He told me all about my friend, the accident, his mum and dads names, all sorts. I came away a complete believer.

Until a few years later, on holiday in Cornwall, when I bumped into my friend, who explained his brother had developed some mental health issues. He was horrified to find I'd been telling people he was dead for the past 8 years! blush

So there you go. All bollocks, but psychic Steve sure had me fooled!

ollieplimsoles Thu 16-Feb-17 21:27:43

Last night as I was getting a message my whole body was physically shaking and I don't know why! I've seen this clairvoyant twice now and both times I have ended up crying and so has she. I have no clue why I just get completely overwhelmed and overcome with emotion when am I am around this lovely lady

This sort of thing happens (and there is probably a proper name for it) at places like evangelical churches, members of the congregation believe they are being touched by a holy sprit and even experience physical changes. Its a combination on the part of the church leader, of showmanship, self belief and suggestive language (spoken and body). The willingness of the participant is also important because it effects how susceptible they might be to being taken in.

I suggest you watch a bit of Derren Brown or James Randi- you will see how easily people can experience things they believe to be out of body religious or physic.

Dont give these people any money, and don't think of charging anyone else any money for the services of any 'power' you think you might have in the future.

MaidOfStars Thu 16-Feb-17 21:30:43

Maybe you don't believe in any of it at all? If not what has led you to think this?
There is no evidence to believe otherwise.

plainchickencurrywithfriedrice Thu 16-Feb-17 21:34:44

PurpleDaisies Thu 16-Feb-17 21:36:34

It's a room full of people that pay £4 each. This pays for the hire of the hall and the fee that the medium charges (£15.00). Anything over the amount required goes to charity

Does she do private readings for free? It's a publicity stunt-people in the hall will pay to see her privately or tell their friends. Don't be foolish into thinking this is some sort of genuine public service.

KatharinaRosalie Thu 16-Feb-17 21:39:01

go check youtube for Derren Brown. He's amazingly accurate as well.

Not a psychic, though.

plainchickencurrywithfriedrice Thu 16-Feb-17 21:42:22

sibys1 Thu 16-Feb-17 21:45:02

Seen it debunked far too many times by people who are excellent at cold reading but don't claim to have any psychic ability.

PurpleDaisies Thu 16-Feb-17 21:45:12

As far as I am aware this lady doesn't offer private readings.

The key phrase there is "as far as I am aware".

plainchickencurrywithfriedrice Thu 16-Feb-17 21:45:19

ExitStage Thu 16-Feb-17 21:46:28

Just get the lottery numbers for next week....we'll go halves!

bumsexatthebingo Thu 16-Feb-17 21:46:49

My experience (from when I've been dragged along) is that they were rubbish. People believe what they want to though - they will discount anything inaccurate and play up anything vague that hits near the mark. And I'm pretty sure that with listening in to conversations and scouring social media you could come up with a fair few things you 'couldn't possibly know' about someone. So by luck or by crook there will be accurate sounding readings.
The people who charge money for this are con artists who often prey on the vulnerable and/or bereaved and I have no time for them.

ollieplimsoles Thu 16-Feb-17 21:48:45

You're not hearing us op.

Its much more rewarding to study the reality of our amazing brains and how we can be tricked into believing someone has 'read us'. You could learn how to do it yourself as well, the honest way.

Watch Richard Dawkins' enemies of reason documentary.

Dont live in the dark

flumpsnlumpsnstuff Thu 16-Feb-17 21:56:25

I was dragged to one about three years after losing my son. I had no connection to her so didn't think she would know about it. She was amazing told me all about him being with my grandfather and nan and how they didn't want me to worry etc even mentioned the 1970's red glass with the cat and mouse in my living room from my grandfather!
I was in pieces and totally believed despite being a total cynic. Until about a week later I was talking with another friend who told me the lady had previous for asking around about people before their readings and also happened to work in bereavement counselling where I attended angry
I complained and she was asked to resign

Bluntness100 Thu 16-Feb-17 22:02:27

Nearly 30 ago when I was about 18 I went to see a lady, my fiend had heard she was very good and booked it, we saw her in her home. She became very famous later and did different things for news papers. Although we saw others her words stayed with me, in an occasional reflective way, simply for the fact most of it came true as did my friends. Our predications were very different.

She told me I would get married at 25, I did, she told me an older woman would leave me an inheritance, my grandmother did,( and she couldn't have predicted my grandfather would go first), she told me there was a lot of money in my future, I was a council house poorly educated teen, I now earn a six figure salary, she told me I would be surrounded by men all my life, and I work in a male dominated industry where I am one of very few women, something I was not training for or could be guessed, and she told me something about my relationships that I wont go into here , which turned out to be true, she also spoke about my past and got it right.

So one or two lucky guesses maybe, but not forecasting twenty thirty years down the line. Thats something else.

For me, I think the overwhelming majority of them are fake, but I do think there is one or two exceptional individuals who do have an ability, because I can't deny what she said and there was no way for me to "make "these things happen.

CatThiefKeith Thu 16-Feb-17 22:02:34

Flumps that's awful. I'm so sorry.flowers

CalmItKermitt Thu 16-Feb-17 22:04:35

She's not a lovely lady. She's a parasite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now