Talk

Advanced search

Being peed off that so-called friends etc are ignoring text etc for my celebration tomorrow night?

(17 Posts)
Radley Wed 28-Feb-07 20:44:24

I've not worked for a number of years, and, this week, landed the job of my dreams.

Fantastic hours, pay, near home, great for school holidays, lovely people etc.

A few of my mates said when I went for the interview let me know if you get it and we'll go and celebrate.

Well, I've done nothing but ring round and text all week and I've not had 1 definate yes.

I am so pissed off, they all knew how much i need this job and when I want to go out they don't seem bothered.

Only time they want me are when they are hungry, had a relationship break up or bored etc (with 2 or 3 exception,)

So, I've been crying tonight and decided that they can all go arseholes and the next time they ask for something they can whistle, if they had no money fine, tell me, but not ignore phonecalls, texts etc.

SO tomorrow night I am going to turn the phones off, ignore the door and watch a girlie flick with a bottle of wine and a box of chocolates.

Anyone got any good ideas on a recent girlie-ish film that is not too soppy?

Muminfife Wed 28-Feb-07 20:53:51

Message withdrawn

BassMama Wed 28-Feb-07 20:54:16

Well done on the job!

Maybe your friends are just all busy at the moment?

Maybe if you plan a night out for a week or 2 away to celebrate, send them all a text to invite them, and that should give them enough time to make sure they are free?

Catbabymummy Wed 28-Feb-07 20:56:24

Congrats on the new job!
Sorry your friends have let you down.
I can recommend Gosford Park, it's a pretty involving drama with lots of really big names and top totty! It'll keep your mind occupied and it's a very good whodunnit too.

Radley Wed 28-Feb-07 20:59:15

Bassmama, that's the thing, I phoned them all up over a week ago and told them about it and said tonight and they were all up for it.

Surfermum Wed 28-Feb-07 21:02:17

Oh, it's horrible when people let you down like that. Congrats on the job. You can always come on here and celebrate.

As for films, I haven't seen any chick flicks recently, I always go for my faves of Notting Hill, Pretty Woman or Love Actually (and still cry every time!!).

eviletc Wed 28-Feb-07 21:04:27

well done you. the sweetest thing is a rude but pmsl laughing chick flick

Radley Wed 28-Feb-07 21:06:35

eviletc 'The Sweetest Thing' is one of my faves and I laugh EVERY time.

eviletc Wed 28-Feb-07 21:09:25

enjoy it my dear

want to watch it now

Radley Wed 28-Feb-07 21:18:04

Makes me laugh when she gets hit in the eye by the glory hole and they are sat on the swings.

eviletc Wed 28-Feb-07 21:19:53

you're...too big to fit in here...too big to fit in here....to big to fit in here oh oh oh....!!!!

charliecat Wed 28-Feb-07 21:23:12

Well I will call your mates shits, save you the hassle...
Well Done on landing the job too

Radley Wed 28-Feb-07 21:25:01

LOL Evil, thanks charlie

Hmmm what's this stain <old fella tastes it> ewwww

what about the kissing saga with the cop singing?

<Radley scuttles off to find sweetist thing>

Radley Wed 28-Feb-07 21:25:39

Evil

Have you got the skanky ones?

eviletc Wed 28-Feb-07 21:28:42

"i don't want to miss a thiiiiiinnng!" - i am also known to answer the phone with a posh sounding "helloo!"

sorry, this is meant to be a sympathy thread and i have blatantly hijacked it.

apologies

Radley Wed 28-Feb-07 21:29:59

No apologies needed, you've made me laugh.

The part in that old womans dress shop OMG

eviletc Wed 28-Feb-07 21:32:55

"there's always time for a montage!!"

glad to be of assistance hon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now