Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be worried that my LL is physically hurting my dog

(57 Posts)
user1483971196 Thu 16-Feb-17 14:55:01

I have posted about my LL before. Unfortunately I am still living with her. Last night she was sitting and the sofa, when my dog sat next to her on the floor, leaning slightly on to her legs affectionately. She purposely moved her legs suddenly so he fell to the floor, and said 'I hate it when they lean'. He stayed nearby, and a minute or so later she said 'right, go away now' and suddenly pushed him, really hard away from her, so much so that he crashed head first into the corner of a piece of furniture. She didn't seem upset or embarrassed that I had witnessed this. I don't know if I am over reacting.. I don't believe she meant to push him into the furniture, but I can't see that the action wasn't meant to be cruel and aggressive. She has always seemed a bit 'off' with him, silly things like she pats him really hard, like she enjoys hurting him while being able to pretend she is being nice to him. He's genuinely a good, very quiet and sensible dog, and is in my room 99% of the time when I'm not walking him. She had her dog put down recently and I know has a lot of unspecified emotional issues. Anyway I'm just worried I'm over reacting, and if it's nothing I don't want to cause issues over it. My dog is my priority and if my instincts are correct, then of course I will make sure he is out of harms way

DJBaggySmalls Thu 16-Feb-17 14:56:58

Shes under the radar abusive, and I'd be worried about both of you.

WasabiNell Thu 16-Feb-17 14:57:07

She sounds horrible shock. Is she ever left alone with your dog? Does he seem scared of her and flinch when she raises her hand to pat him?

user1483971196 Thu 16-Feb-17 14:57:22

This probably seems like a silly thing to ask opinions about. But I find it hard to trust my own judgement, so I hope you all don't mind me asking advice. I've had some very kind responses before when I've posted about other matters. Thank you

HunterHearstHelmsley Thu 16-Feb-17 14:58:27

Keep him away from her. Try to be subtle but if the he's trying to talk to her then call him away.

user1483971196 Thu 16-Feb-17 14:58:53

She has recently been left alone with him, and when I come home he is always tucked up in my room. In a ball, whereas when he is relaxed he stretches out. It seems silly now I am putting two and two together. I just didn't want to over react

Silverthorn Thu 16-Feb-17 15:00:48

Can you set up a camera in your room?

user1483971196 Thu 16-Feb-17 15:02:43

I have noticed that he is skittish around her.
Yes I always have my laptop left on so could leave that recording. Perhaps it would be better to just leave him locked in my room to make sure he is safe

WasabiNell Thu 16-Feb-17 15:02:43

You're not overreacting. Do you have to leave him with her or could he go to a family/ friends when you're out? Is it an option to move out? She sounds awful tbf and I wouldn't want to live with her.

user1483971196 Thu 16-Feb-17 15:03:39

I can lock him in my room, but that's all I can really do. Family is over 15 miles away.

user1483971196 Thu 16-Feb-17 15:04:10

Yes moving out is an option, I am messaging another LL today who is happy for me to bring him

Rugbyplayersarehot Thu 16-Feb-17 15:08:40

Move out and meanwhile lock him in the room. I hate her on your behalf I hate bullies

StarryIllusion Thu 16-Feb-17 15:12:27

Cunt. Piss on her toothbrush before you leave. Can't stand people who are cruel to animals. If she did that to my dog, I'd break her fingers.

TheViceOfReason Thu 16-Feb-17 15:13:09

I'm surprised that you need to ask.

I'm also pretty shocked you didn't make anything of it there and then? Even if you don't want to call he ron it directly then at least - for your dogs sake - make a fuss "oh poor boy, let me see your head" and to her "there's no need to push him".

For the love of god do NOT leave him alone with her. The next obvious step is that he will stick up for himself as you don't appear to be and then she will be pushing for him to be put down.

Please protect your dog.

If you lock him in your room say "landlady, i'm leaving dog shut in my room and am watching him via webcam in case he gets upset"

OneWithTheForce Thu 16-Feb-17 15:17:27

shock what did you say when she did that?? I would have been losing my shit and probably been getting evicted.

user1483971196 Thu 16-Feb-17 15:23:24

I did explain I needed to ask as I don't trust my own judgement. I've come from an abusive home situation and I have still not healed. When you are told time and time again you imagine things, and are over sensitive, then you believe it. I didn't say anything last night, but I have messaged her today saying in no uncertain terms that she is not to touch him again. I am protecting my dog by asking what to do. And I have since not let him out of my sight.

user1483971196 Thu 16-Feb-17 15:26:10

I cannot risk being evicted as I am a lodger and could be made to leave with no notice whatsoever, and the only place I have to go is back to the situation I left. I am trying to be sensible but also protect him as a priority of course. But being homeless will not help either of us. So I didn't want to rush to attack when I wasn't sure if I was over reacting or not

hungryhippo90 Thu 16-Feb-17 15:28:15

What a cunt! I'd get the dog to lick her toothbrush and soak her wash flannel in piss. But that's just me. Can't abide people who are nasty to animals.

OneWithTheForce Thu 16-Feb-17 15:28:43

Yeah I get that. I'm a hot head, wasn't saying that's what you should have done, just probably what it have done in my knee jerk state if that makes sense. What you're doing is sensible. Really hope you can get away soon.

Greenfingeredfun Thu 16-Feb-17 15:29:18

What's an LL?

hungryhippo90 Thu 16-Feb-17 15:29:51

i can understand why you are approaching this the way you are.
Keep your dog out of her way, at all costs. Take him wherever you go and move as soon as possible.

user1483971196 Thu 16-Feb-17 15:31:04

Sorry Onewiththeforce, I was reacting to TheViceOfReason, and also responded to your comment too. Didn't mean to be defensive to you. I agree with what you said. And thanks for the support

Collaborate Thu 16-Feb-17 15:38:45

FFS don't say that you've posted about your LL before and expect anyone to recall if you can't be bothered to get a username that anyone can stand a chance of remembering.

nachogazpacho Thu 16-Feb-17 15:43:14

Trust your insight - you are probably highly tuned to abusive people and spot things others wouldn't. I totally understand why you'd not trust yourself as you'll have been told to ignore your senses for so long.

nachogazpacho Thu 16-Feb-17 15:43:53

LL=landlady

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now