Talk

Advanced search

To ask for a hand hold/ grip.

(4 Posts)
SpongebobRoundPants Thu 16-Feb-17 10:25:39

For the past few weeks I've had an unbearable tooth ache and today I have my first dentist appointment in 6 years blush

I have a huge irrational fear of the dentist and have suffered with bulimia for nearly 5 years so as you can imagine my teeth are horrendous, will the dentist be able to tell by my teeth that I'm bulimic? I'm really panicking now.sad

Feel free to hand me a grip, I'm aware of how pathetic I sound!

ZigZagIntoTheBlue Thu 16-Feb-17 11:09:42

If you can bring yourself to its worth mentioning as there are obviously nutrition things that can affect your teeth. I have crohn's and throw up a lot so I always mention it. flowers for you, and hand holding. Can anyone go with you for actual hand holding?

SparklyLeprechaun Thu 16-Feb-17 11:25:35

You've got a medical condition that affects the state of your teeth. There's no shame in admitting it to a medical professional. I hope you get the help you need.

yellowfrog Thu 16-Feb-17 13:07:34

Hugs and hand-holding. I find it helps to think of the dentist as like a spa-day for your teeth. People seem to enjoy manicures and pedicures, so try to think of the dentist as like a teeth-icure.

If they do work out you're bulimic, the worst they can do is tell you what you already know, ie that it's bad for your teeth, so try not to worry about that part.

Best wishes for it all going well

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: