Talk

Advanced search

to get in an absolute rage about people who...

(13 Posts)
Lovecat Wed 28-Feb-07 19:49:09

...don't look before they cross the road?

We live off a main road and it seems that every time I go to turn from it into our street, someone blithely steps out across it without even registering that I'm sitting there, indicating or even, when turning right, halfway across the road towards them!

And on the odd occasion when the red mist has descended and I've beeped them (hardly a threat the way my car's pathetic little peep sounds) then they give me a filthy look as if to say 'how dare you expect me to be aware of my surroundings?'!

Wasn't part of the Green Cross Code being taught to look behind you when crossing at a junction??

Ooooh, it makes me mad!

But that's better now I've vented...

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 19:53:35

Yes you are. You shouldnt waste your energy and just run the bastards down.

Muminfife Wed 28-Feb-07 19:54:21

Message withdrawn

misdee Wed 28-Feb-07 19:54:28

run them down and slip a donor card in their pcokets when you check them over.

mustrunmore Wed 28-Feb-07 19:57:34

Not that I'm advocating it, and I'm not a car driver so therefore clueless about the law, but... I'm sure I was told when younger that the pedestrian has the right of way according to the highway code, so cars must stop to let them across junctions? Or was I lied to? (and if so, why??!!)

Lovecat Wed 28-Feb-07 19:57:42

at misdee and VVVQV - oh, I have been so tempted!

MuminFife, this is in Greater London so I can't even blame it on a laidback rural vibe - it's not even as if it's just kids, it seems to be everyone... grrr... mutter mutter...

pesme Wed 28-Feb-07 19:59:05

whats the big deal. just wait and let them cross?

Lovecat Wed 28-Feb-07 19:59:34

Mustrunmore, you're probably right, I remember a friend of mine banging on about that at school...

I think what truly erks me is that they don't even bother to look - I wouldn't dream of crossing the road without looking to see what was coming, so I can't understand why they do it?!

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 28-Feb-07 20:01:49

Misdee, i think you may be onto something there.....

Lovecat Wed 28-Feb-07 20:02:13

pesme - it's a busy main road, when turning right you only have tiny gaps in the traffic to get across the road, if someone is not looking and sauntering across like they're auditioning for Shaun of the Dead, it makes it all but impossible to make the turn in time.

And when, while this is going on, your 2yo is shrieking in the back of the car because she knows this is her road but can't understand why mummy isn't making the turn down it and just sitting there in traffic, it becomes somewhat... annoying

Troutpout Wed 28-Feb-07 20:13:19

oh wait and let em cross you grumpy thing...they are walking.. you are in comfy car
(well it's gotta be more comfy than the rain sodden/dog shatted streets that i walk anyway)

HuwEdwards Wed 28-Feb-07 20:15:34

lol @ Misdee!

pesme Wed 28-Feb-07 20:16:19

fair enough lovecat, don't beep just rev your engine really hard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now