Talk

Advanced search

To want a weekend off?

(10 Posts)
QuestionableMouse Thu 16-Feb-17 09:15:58

I've worked every Fri, Sat and Sun night for the past 18 or 19 weeks. There are enough staff to rotate so everyone gets a weekend off now and again.

Aibu? I've missed out on so much stuff because I'm always at work!

hellsbellsmelons Thu 16-Feb-17 09:24:03

Book a weekend off then.
Can you do that?
I stopped my Sunday job because it just kept ruining what could be a lovely weekend.
To work every night of the weekend is hard going.
Can you change jobs?
My DD is a chef and always worked in pubs so of course, busy services were weekends.
She got a job working in a kitchen in a work place building.
Mon-Friday. She still does the odd bar shift at the pub but it means at 19 she can actually go out with her mates now!

Molly333 Thu 16-Feb-17 10:00:33

If there are enough staff why are you doing it ? Stand up and say it's not fair and you want this to change as soon

PurpleDaisies Thu 16-Feb-17 10:04:16

How does the rota work? Were you taken on as weekend staff?

QuestionableMouse Thu 16-Feb-17 10:30:52

No, not taken on as weekend staff. I started doing week days. I'm doing the weekend nights because some other members of staff refuse to do them.

Chloe84 Thu 16-Feb-17 11:11:14

Have you spoken to your manager?

Stop letting people walk all over you!

You started as weekday staff and say you want to go back to weekdays.

BarbaraofSeville Thu 16-Feb-17 11:16:35

Raise it with management. The squeeky wheel etc etc.

If you don't say anything, they will assume that you are happy with the arrangement or be relieved that they've covered hard to fill shifts.

It's not fair - everyone should take their turn at the unpopular shifts.

HermioneJeanGranger Thu 16-Feb-17 11:19:42

Speak to management. Everyone should take turns working weekends/late shifts/early shifts, unless someone is specifically hired to do them.

AmserGwin Thu 16-Feb-17 11:21:38

If they are not your shifts, then just say you want a weekend off, choose one, and say you can't do it!

MojitoMollie Thu 16-Feb-17 11:25:48

* some other members of staff refuse to do them*

well, refuse to do them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now