Talk

Advanced search

To think I have given myself food poisoning?

(17 Posts)
salsmum Wed 15-Feb-17 20:20:04

This evening cooked and ate a lovely pork hog roast joint 10 mins later running for loo...I put it down to my IBS but upon checking the date on pack it says 27th Jan shock we had 2 identical packs but this out of date pack DP was going to give to the foxes ( don't ask) so will I be on the loo all day tomorrow my only day off this week? Yikes blush

Graphista Wed 15-Feb-17 20:22:47

Well its said the 3 p's are the worst for food poisoning...pork poultry and prawns (meaning fish and seafood).

Although 10 mins would be VERY fast onset might be something you ate earlier, or you've done something like licked your fingers while preparing.

Hope you're ok, drink plenty and take care.

ItsThatBeverleyMacca Wed 15-Feb-17 20:24:11

Had it been frozen and defrosted?

Surely it would have been stinky and obviously off if it had gone bad. We've bought pork before that obviously wasn't right when the packet was opened (although still in date angry) which smelled awful. We took it back and got a refund.

EmeraldIsle86 Wed 15-Feb-17 20:25:09

Very unlikely in 10 minutes! Isn't the average something like 18 hours later for food poisoning to have an effect?

Far more likely to be a bug or something you ate this morning or last night IMO.

omnishamblesssssssssssssss Wed 15-Feb-17 20:26:32

Food poisoning can be very quick but that seems a bit too quick

ChicRock Wed 15-Feb-17 20:27:08

After just 10 minutes it's not food poisoning.

Crispbutty Wed 15-Feb-17 20:28:54

Gone off pork is one of the vilest smells ever. You couldn't have not noticed it.

justdontevenfuckingstart Wed 15-Feb-17 20:31:58

Food poisoning never occurs that quickly it's impossible. Maybe a coincidental IBS flare up or stomach bug. And pork does smell when it's off.

salsmum Wed 15-Feb-17 20:51:01

It wasn't stinking and had just been kept in the fridge although was vaci packed if that makes a difference?

oneohfivethreeeight Wed 15-Feb-17 20:55:36

Was it very fatty? Too much fat sparks my IBS off.

downwardfacingdog Wed 15-Feb-17 21:03:57

Honestly it would reek if it was gone off. When DH had food poisoning (from beef carpaccio) the (extreme!) D&V didn't start until the next morn after eating it in the evening.

RJnomore1 Wed 15-Feb-17 21:05:19

Oh crikey I pretty much eat anything and even I think I might be ill from eating three week out of date pork

LeopardPrintSocks1 Wed 15-Feb-17 21:05:47

It start quickly maybe a couple of hours later

BellonaBelladonna Wed 15-Feb-17 21:11:55

Brace yourself. Hope it passes quickly

Graphista Wed 15-Feb-17 21:14:26

One of the pork bugs can start in 2-3 hours, as it was a roast I was thinking op possibly infected herself during prep.

ItsThatBeverleyMacca Thu 16-Feb-17 09:56:49

How are you feeling this morning OP?

salsmum Thu 16-Feb-17 10:33:33

Thankfully I survived the night and think I've escaped any long term ill effects Thank God I work in care so it would have meant time off with D&V I am very careful with hygiene and probably go ott with washing etc ton keep myself well and my clients

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now