Talk

Advanced search

Drinking game....at school disco

(6 Posts)
Mrscrazymom Wed 15-Feb-17 20:07:01

Ok so first time mummy here. First post. So my son (4yo in nursery) had a school disco tonight. They had a drinking game there. Two kids on their knees racing to finish their drinks. Like ok so it was non alcoholic, aibu or old fashioned to be mortified!!!! They're kids ffs!!! Of primary school age. Not teens.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 15-Feb-17 20:08:46

Well...there are food games as well. Apple bobbing, the one with a sweet in too of flour etc. I don't think it's bad.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Wed 15-Feb-17 20:10:31

I wouldn't be happy at this age. It can easily go into the wrong pipe!

icelolly99 Wed 15-Feb-17 20:15:32

I wouldn't be impressed either. What if they try to do this game themselves at school lunchtime in a normal day? The staff aren't going to like it and so doing it at a school disco is not a good idea!

SparklyUnicornPoo Wed 15-Feb-17 20:15:35

I was going to say I have played adapted drinking games with children because they are fun and work well at a disco, but i mean like beer pong (which we call cup pong) and pennies. racing to drink a drink does seem a bit odd.

EmeraldIsle86 Wed 15-Feb-17 20:23:32

I hate eating or drinking race games with dc.

A couple of years ago I took mine to a Halloween party in a local community centre (aged 7 and 5 at the time).

They did an 'eat the doughnuts the fastest game' - three doughnuts in front of a group of kids aged between 3 and 8 and a huge group of people crowded round shouting to hurry up, with these kids ramming near full doughnuts in their mouths. It made me feel sick, bloody ridiculous.

Anyway, the drinking isn't as bad but I still wouldn't be happy...not a behaviour to encourage to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now