Talk

Advanced search

To complain about muddy boots on carpet

(14 Posts)
winefixeswhine Wed 15-Feb-17 12:21:35

Had a large piece of furniture delivered yesterday from a large well known company. The delivery guys asked which room, I said bedroom, they said "will see how heavy it is". (Website says room of your choice)
The two guys carry it across drive, into hall, and while holding it still the man says "I can't guarantee how clean my boots will be though". I said "err okay don't worry" because I needed it up the stairs and he was holding massive thing so didn't feel I could say a lot else.
So now I have big muddy proper soil footprints up my Cream stairs carpet.
Part of me thinks 'oh well he did warn me", the other thinks "ffs they should have shoes covers or something".
Aibu to email and moan?

minijoeyjojo Wed 15-Feb-17 12:29:42

What an idiot, you'd have thought that he'd know to take his bloody shoes off! I'd complain.

quietbatperson Wed 15-Feb-17 12:39:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Wed 15-Feb-17 12:45:51

He can't take his shoes off if he is lifting heavy furniture but yes, shoe covers should be used.

Wolfiefan Wed 15-Feb-17 12:47:02

Surely shoe covers are slippery and dangerous.

CherryChasingDotMuncher Wed 15-Feb-17 12:48:23

They aren't allowed to take the heir shoes off due to health and safety reasons but they should have put sheets down or bags over their shoes. Definitely complain

pasturesgreen Wed 15-Feb-17 13:01:05

Surely if you knew they had to carry it upstairs you could have put down some old towels or newspaper on the carpet as a precaution anyway? Cream carpet is bound to get grubby even if shoes aren't terribly dirty.

I'm sorry, but I don't think you have a leg to stand on if you complain.

FrancisCrawford Wed 15-Feb-17 13:05:20

Unfortunate but yes, they need to wear protective footwear. Imagine the heavy item falling on his foot

Plastic shoe covers or sheets etc on the stairs could be very dangerous and cause a slip.

wideboy26 Wed 15-Feb-17 13:10:27

If he was catholic he wouldn't be able to use shoe covers

pigsDOfly Wed 15-Feb-17 13:20:37

I had a bed delivered and assembled a few days ago from a large store - Dreams.

I was a bit worried as obviously they had to go up stairs, the road is up, there's mud everywhere and they had to walk through some of it to get to my house.

The men took their shoes off immediately they entered the house and every time they came back into the house from collecting something from the van. Carried everything upstairs in their socks and stayed that way until they left.

It's not acceptable to just walk mud through someone's house.

Why can't a catholic use shoes covers Wideboy?

BillyButtfuck Wed 15-Feb-17 13:22:38

I think Wideboy was trying to be witty and compare shoe covers to condoms? hmm

wideboy26 Wed 15-Feb-17 13:25:05

Correct, Billy.

pigsDOfly Wed 15-Feb-17 13:35:25

Ah. I guessed it was meant as a joke but clearly it passed me by.

minijoeyjojo Wed 15-Feb-17 20:12:21

When I wrote my reply I was having a bed delivered to my house. Like PigsDofly they took their shoes off every time they came back in the house. I'd be fuming if a delivery company traipsed mud upstairs.

Either they should invest in shoe covers or a pair of indoor protective shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now