Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To consider having sex with a senior coworker?

(170 Posts)
angieneri Tue 14-Feb-17 21:15:55

I would love to get some perspective on a situation I am currently dealing with. I am 29 and single. A few months ago I broke up with a very long-term bf with whom sex had always been pretty awful. Consequentially my sexual life has been terrible for the last 6 years and I have yet to sleep with anyone after the break up.

I work at a big company where hooking up with and dating coworkers is pretty normalized and accepted. Most of my coworkers are young-ish and single, people hang out socially after work and get drunk together. I know of at least 5/6 people who are currently sleeping with/ seeing some other coworkers. That is not a problem in my company.

A couple of weeks ago a man who is very senior in the company (C-level executive) approached me during a Friday night out after work. We flirted a bit and we ended up making out (plus some...). It was absolutely wild, sexy, hot and thrilling blush

This man is 20 years older than me and just highly unsuitable in many many ways. We don't work together as we are in different departments. Also, as I previously said, my company is pretty relaxed about dating coworkers so it would not be a problem from that perspective.

He is now pursuing me, I think just for sex. It would be just sex, but God knows how much I desidere having good sex after many years of sexual apathy with ex-bf. I have no feelings for this man other than a strong sexual attraction.

My question is: what do I do? Do I go for it? Do I play it safe and pull back?

Part of me wants to give in and just enjoy some crazy hot sex. The other part of me is terrified of having sex with someone who is so much older than me and a senior coworker.

Mumsnetters, please help confused

SloanyAnne Tue 14-Feb-17 21:17:15

Is he married?

purplepandas Tue 14-Feb-17 21:18:06

Don't do it, there are too many possibilities for this going horribly wrong in my opinion.

BewtySkoolDropowt Tue 14-Feb-17 21:18:49

If he is single, go for it.

TheProblemOfSusan Tue 14-Feb-17 21:20:09

I would not dip my pen in the company ink. Mind you I'm married and my company are mostly not ink you'd want to dip in, but still.

This has the potential to get incredibly messy very quickly regardless of how common it is in your company,and negatively impact your professional reputation. I'd stay well clear.

Dinnerout1 Tue 14-Feb-17 21:20:36

Go for it.. Your young and single! Is he single? And age doesn't matter in the bedroom! Got a big age gap with me and my husband and it's all good in the hood! Good luck and enjoy and forget rubbish ex crap lover from before!

clumsyduck Tue 14-Feb-17 21:21:00

If he's single and your both on the same page regarding intentions ( ie: just sex ) go for it . I'd have done it already grin

AnyFucker Tue 14-Feb-17 21:21:53

He isn't single is he ?

weeblueberry Tue 14-Feb-17 21:22:07

I'd say as long as he's single and in a different department (so can't directly affect your career) then you should go for it.

angieneri Tue 14-Feb-17 21:22:07

He is single.

Missrubyring Tue 14-Feb-17 21:22:10

I think as long as you're both single, consenting and on the same page then there's nothing wrong with it.
Obviously if he's married or in a relationship then just no.

frogmellla Tue 14-Feb-17 21:22:19

Yabu

Go hook up for some crazy sex with an older man outside of work.

HappyGoLuckyGirl Tue 14-Feb-17 21:22:53

Do it. Unless he isn't single. Then back away slowlyyyyy.

longtermsinglemummy Tue 14-Feb-17 21:25:10

Go for it! Life is for living. You've already said the last 6 years were pants.

Have fun!!

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Tue 14-Feb-17 21:25:20

Don't shit where you eat.

FurryLittleTwerp Tue 14-Feb-17 21:27:05

I'd shag him, for sure.

He will have baggage though.

tiredofhavingtothinkofnewnames Tue 14-Feb-17 21:27:43

I read this as cow worker. I am sadly disappointed. I imagined romping in a tractor.

GarrulousGrimoire Tue 14-Feb-17 21:27:52

He isn't your direct line management.

Just go for it, loads of people I know have quite happily shagged at work and had no consequences.

So long as you both no it's no strings then so what?

GarrulousGrimoire Tue 14-Feb-17 21:28:34

Tired you really would not want to shag a cow worker at work...

Gallavich Tue 14-Feb-17 21:29:24

If you're both single then fucking yeah

Norland Tue 14-Feb-17 21:29:33

Curiously, all the Angi Neri (s) on the web speak spanish.

MammyNeedsASpaDay Tue 14-Feb-17 21:30:32

Nope! Crack on.

You sound like you've had a shit time with your ex. You could have a fantastic time with this guy. Maybe it could lead to something more? If not make sure he knows that. X

tiredofhavingtothinkofnewnames Tue 14-Feb-17 21:32:15

Tired you really would not want to shag a cow worker at work...

My 1st BF was a dairy farmer.

redexpat Tue 14-Feb-17 21:33:31

How will you feel if it all goes horribly wrong? Can you keep sex and feelings separate?

SpookyPotato Tue 14-Feb-17 21:33:39

If he's single as you say, and you just want sex then I would go for it and enjoy myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now