Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU about this colleague.

(6 Posts)
littleme2017 Tue 14-Feb-17 19:11:03

I am acting team leader for my team of 10 people in work. Basically I cover when the team leader is off, the rest of the time I do the same as the rest of the team. Its public sector work dealing with payments to customers.

Recently a girl has joined the team. She had a baby over a year ago so she was out on maternity for a while then took some leave and now is back. She has been fully trained and did this job before she went off so she knows the work etc.

However I am trying to not lose my rag. The work we do can be a bit drawn out as everything needs to be checked before its finalised so sometimes you can be waiting a while to get the go ahead on something. She's constantly declaring: 'Oh I am bored. This is so boring. I want to do shorter hours. This is boring...what can I do now' etc etc.

Seeing she's only recently back I was trying not to bombard her and was trying to send her more straightforward stuff but she declared it 'the work you are sendibg me is too easy' (most people love easy quick clearances) and requested more complex stuff only for her to declare it 'too difficult and im not doing that'

She only does three days a week but already if I have to hear the words 'bored' or 'too easy' or 'too difficult' much more, I will lose the plot.

AIBU? Am I being too accommodating or not enough? Please help...

Derlei Tue 14-Feb-17 19:17:11

Get her to complete a performance development plan about what her objectives are and how she plans to get there. Put the onus back on her if she's that critical of the work being given to her

Silverthorn Tue 14-Feb-17 19:20:15

She sounds very unprofessional. How irritating. Only boring people are bored. 😉

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 14-Feb-17 19:41:16

Whilst you were trying to be nice by eading her back in I would just divvy up the work equally between the team. She is entitled to go back to the same job so she may complain if she thinks she isn't being treated the same as colleagues.

If she continues to complain then I would have a quiet word with her thst she must have forgotten the nature of the job but it is what it is and she will need to just get on with it without complaint otherwise it may affect the morale of the team.

Bluebellevergreen Tue 14-Feb-17 19:44:13

Talk to her. Because for the rest of the team is awful. I had to work with someone like that and I really struggled (the whole team did actually) and managers did nothing...

Onemorewonthurt Tue 14-Feb-17 19:49:54

Surely if you only cover when the team leader is away it's not really your issue to deal with? I appreciate it's annoying though, you feel like saying "stay at home then!!" grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now