Talk

Advanced search

Facebook Fanatic

(15 Posts)
MrBonkers Tue 14-Feb-17 17:57:11

My wife considers Facebook to be a normal past time whilst I consider it to be used, in the main by needy self publicists.

My sister lives on FB and posts all our visits on there with endless photos- it makes me cringe - am I being unreasonable.

PeterVincentVampireKiller Tue 14-Feb-17 17:58:52

<just taking a seat>

Chinnygirl Tue 14-Feb-17 18:00:42

Have facebook, never post, lurk a lot and cringe a lot.

However, if it makes them happy....

wishparry Tue 14-Feb-17 18:01:41

I'm not on fb.I don't like it much.was on it for about a month once,but found it so annoying the things people put on there.I have asked my friends and family not to put pictures of me and my family on there either.

comedycentral Tue 14-Feb-17 18:03:06

Meh. It is what it is. There are lots of different types of people that use it. I personally hate all the snobbery and sneering from others. It's OK to dislike it though, you don't need us all to agree with you and the debate about it has been done to death.

FWIW I don't really use social media.

skippy67 Tue 14-Feb-17 18:03:18

Yawn...

CarTrack Tue 14-Feb-17 18:06:53

YANBU not to like it; do you use it?

I never understand why people have Facebook, yet claim to hate it.

Or seem to think that their own posts are any less cringey/ boring than anyone else's.

itsmine Tue 14-Feb-17 18:13:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WorraLiberty Tue 14-Feb-17 18:30:19

You're both right.

Facebook is a website and the humans who use it, will use it differently.

Derlei Tue 14-Feb-17 18:38:05

Lurkers on any site should get restricted access, they are happy to judge and look down on people who are open and contribute, but think they're too superior to give anything away about their precious lives themselves

QueenMortificado Tue 14-Feb-17 18:39:11

<pulls up a seat>

PlumsGalore Tue 14-Feb-17 18:43:22

No, YANBU, I really wish I could have kept mine purely to stay in touch with close friends only. The stress of looking at the crap, lies, arguments, boasting etc on there made me delete it. Shame, but I keep in touch with my close friends by phone anyway.

Personally some, not all, of the people I knew on there were very needy. We are all entitled to an opinion some of us just cringe a bit more than others, it's human nature.

I do live and let live though, being FB free is nice.

NorksAkimbo72 Tue 14-Feb-17 18:48:39

I really want to know about these needy, passive aggressive friends MN members seem to find and add to FB!
At the moment, I check in a bit less often because of all the politics stuff going on...i prefer to get my info from the news, rather than FB memes...but the friends I keep up with share exactly what I do: photos of growing kids, pets, holidays, nights out, etc. None of it is braggy or attention seeking, not do I delude myself into thinking they're trying to prove anything, or convince me their lives are perfect! I'm an American living in the UK, so I actively enjoy seeing what my friends and family there are up to, since I only get to see them in person once a year.
I don't friend anyone I wouldn't be friends with in RL, maybe that's the difference?

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 14-Feb-17 19:21:45

But MrBonkers you seem to have become a bit of a Mumsnet addict....

StrawberryShortcake32 Tue 14-Feb-17 20:19:40

Facebook is fine. It's the duck faces that I can't stand. Everybody looks the same now, duck face and cartoon eyebrows.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now