Talk

Advanced search

To ask for emergency Valentine's ideas!

(12 Posts)
PuntCuffin Tue 14-Feb-17 16:55:05

Help!
DH has never bothered much with Valentine's, nor have I, so mutually unromantic.
He has just Facetimed me from a dress shop to ask if I like a dress he is about to buy me as a gift.
AIBU to ask for ideas of things I can do/buy bearing in mind I am still at work and have to collect kids from school in barely in hour?

peppatax Tue 14-Feb-17 16:57:05

Cook dinner in just an apron and then 'afters'. Free and little prep required.

hoddtastic Tue 14-Feb-17 16:57:06

resists temptation to post 'blowjob'

book a sitter for the weekend, take him out, have fun together, wear new dress this weekend, have wild sex when you get home because you've had such a lovely time together.

Swifey Tue 14-Feb-17 16:57:35

Can you get to an M&S or Waitrose and buy their £20 deal, it's usually very good!
You could buy a massage or treatment online and print it off, or a voucher for dinner somewhere he likes?

PuntCuffin Tue 14-Feb-17 17:06:10

I can just about get to Waitrose. Frantically trying to get some last minute documents to upload before I log off for the day (why do servers always run slow when you're in a hurry...)

PuntCuffin Tue 14-Feb-17 17:39:45

Joined the hordes of wide eyed desperate looking men only to find they had sold out of their £20 meal deals!

Guess it'll have to be the blowjob then, although he only had his annual birthday treat last week

WritingHome Tue 14-Feb-17 17:42:44

I agree - a nice dinner is perfect! Do something quick for the kids and have a lovely treat and a glass of wine or prosecco later.

We usually get the M&S meal deal but this year we had some really nice wine already and I am watching my weight so I bought fillet steaks and will do with mash and roast veg and peppercorn sauce, glass of red and we have a very nice box of chocs unopened from my b'day last week so DIY meal deal!

WritingHome Tue 14-Feb-17 17:43:46

Just buy steaks or sea bass etc - whatever is a treat for you both and a dessert / bottle of wine!

HelenaJustina Tue 14-Feb-17 17:46:18

You can print off Virgin experience or Not on the High Street experience type things... if you need a gift gift

livingthegoodlife Tue 14-Feb-17 17:48:19

Ditto the waitrose meal deal idea

Or pick up a cake/special dessert?

Titsywoo Tue 14-Feb-17 17:56:39

Men tend to be happy with sex - maybe something you don't usually do grin

Sorry that's terribly sexist but generally true.

AuntieStella Tue 14-Feb-17 17:58:33

Get to an offie for a bottle of his favourite?

Plus a tube of love hearts from the closest newsagents.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now