Talk

Advanced search

To ask what is the worst Valentine's Day present you've ever received?

(77 Posts)
BackInBlack78 Tue 14-Feb-17 09:03:31

Just this!

NotAPuffin Tue 14-Feb-17 09:16:40

Does nothing count? That's what I've been given every year for the last 17 years.

#grumpywagon

ILoveCheeseMoreThanYou Tue 14-Feb-17 09:17:19

Yep, nothing. Ever.

Aebj Tue 14-Feb-17 09:18:48

I got a card today which also happens to be our wedding anniversary 😃

ShowOfHands Tue 14-Feb-17 09:22:46

Never received anything. Hopefully, I never will.

zobalina77 Tue 14-Feb-17 09:22:48

I've just been given a card all about the different kind of farts, on which he has scribbled out 'happy birthday' and replaced with valentines. I actually feel quite upset by it and have just heard him go out the house. I assume to buy another card after his joke failed.

fuckwitery Tue 14-Feb-17 09:27:46

Yup I got a birthday card (obviously sniffles from his mum's card draw as it was a very old fashioned picture of a blue tit!) with birthday crossed out and valentine's scribbled. Was not amused.

fuckwitery Tue 14-Feb-17 09:27:59

*snaffled

BipBippadotta Tue 14-Feb-17 09:31:49

I've given a really awful one - I still feel awful about it nearly 20 years on. It was the very, very early days of a relationship at university. My idea was to mark the day, but with a robust sort of blokey joke, to signal that I didn't take it/us too seriously, in case that freaked him out.

I got him an herbal remedy for premature baldness, wrapped up in romantic looking wrapping paper.

He'd got me a bunch of roses.

He was really, really hurt. I felt like the biggest twat on earth.

NotJanine Tue 14-Feb-17 09:50:07

Not actually a present, but I'm having my decree nisi pronounced today. First valentines day on my own for 28 years.

Sorry was this meant to be lighthearted...

gabsdot Tue 14-Feb-17 09:50:46

My college boyfriend broke up with me on Valentine's day. My birthday is earlier in February and he said he didn't want to ruin my birthday by breaking up with me before it.
I got nothing from Dh today but we don't usually celebrate valentine's day anyway.
I made heart shaped pancakes for the kids

AprilLudgate30 Tue 14-Feb-17 09:58:06

When I was 17, I had a first date with a friend of a friend on Valentine's Day. We arranged to meet outside the cinema. So there I am, stood outside and date arrives looking very pleased with himself - obviously hiding something behind his back.

He then presented me with what he called 'Personalised Flowers' - known more commonly as floral tributes! 🙄 Yes, he presented me a giant M (my initial) made out of roses. Funeral flowers. He marvelled at what a good idea these personalised flowers for Valentines were. 😐

And because I was an awkward teenager, I couldn't even immediately run away - so I had to carry this giant M into the cinema and place it at my feet during the film. Picturing what your funeral would look like is not a very sexy thing.

But I did learn an important lesson - just because somebody is tall and handsome, doesn't mean they're not a massive weirdo!

ChippyDucks Tue 14-Feb-17 09:59:52

We discussed valentine's last week. 'Just get me a card!' said I. (And actually meant it)
Cue 7pm last night, husband looks panicked and asks what day it is. 'Monday' says I. Now instead of jumping up and making an excuse to go to the shop for juice etc, he announces 'I've forgotten to get you a Valentines card!' Oh, but apparently there's flowers on the way! I don't want fucking flowers, I only wanted a card. That he obviously couldn't be arsed to pick up.
I probably wouldn't be so pissed off if he didn't drop everything at short notice to drive 20 min to pick up a part for his vaping pipe. It's what he deems to be important that annoys me. And clearly I'm not on top of that list.
Raging.

Rachel0Greep Tue 14-Feb-17 10:04:09

wink

Peanutandphoenix Tue 14-Feb-17 10:11:16

I've been with my fella a month he started saying last week that he didn't know what to go get me left it until yesterday to go to the shop all am getting is a card because he couldn't find anything that I liked yeah thanks some chocolates or some flowers would've been nice I've bought him an Adidas gift set and some David Beckham aftershave I hope he feels bad about the card he better try harder next year.

Chattymummyhere Tue 14-Feb-17 10:18:31

Well looking in my local Tesco this morning compared to last night lots of people will be getting their cards after work (completely sold out now) along with novelty lolly pop bouquets, cactus in red pots, love you teddies and assortments of chocolates. The flowers however look untouched still.

I got a card, alcohol and a candle. Standard valentines presents here.

UterusUterusGhali Tue 14-Feb-17 10:20:20

My SO has a reputation for, um, interesting presents.

I received a bunch of roses today.

I'm thrilled! Quite staggered really. But I was expecting something of his usual calibre. A power tool or such. Maybe a bag of compost.

Makes the patio cleaner I got him look rather lame. blush

DJBaggySmalls Tue 14-Feb-17 10:22:25

I've also had a fart joke card. It was about dog farts.

ambereeree Tue 14-Feb-17 11:05:55

I got a card and a....toaster!

MothertotheLordsofmisrule Tue 14-Feb-17 11:43:55

No crap gifts.

I get a home made card with some innuendo involved - they are actually very good. Especially the doctored book cover ones.grin

xStefx Tue 14-Feb-17 11:46:11

ambereeree - a toaster, that made me giggle. (even though its not meant to be funny) I hope you have had better presents since. xx

Flabrador Tue 14-Feb-17 11:56:16

Ten cigs.

I don't smoke

ladylambkin Tue 14-Feb-17 12:31:40

My ex husband bought me pegs once

MadisonAvenue Tue 14-Feb-17 12:43:42

I had flowers, in 1987. That was the last time my husband took any notice of Valentines Day.
Can't remember when I last had a birthday card either and our wedding anniversary is usually marked by him saying "oh, it's our anniversary" at some time like 8pm. If anything involves him going to a shop which doesn't sell anything to do with mountain bikes then I can forget it. I've given up on our anniversary now.

I'd probably be feeling a bit more charitable to him if he wasn't such a bed hog, leaving me just 1ft of space to try and sleep in whilst his pillow covers half of mine. I need sleep!

Alfiemoon1 Tue 14-Feb-17 12:51:35

Nothing today which has annoyed me a bit as we are trying to make more effort in our marriage. I got him a card was planning on making a nice meal got his favourite desert nice bottle of wine etc not sure I am in the mood now though lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now