Talk

Advanced search

To have just screamed the place down? (Lighthearted)

(12 Posts)
OrangeIsTheNewPop Tue 14-Feb-17 08:25:45

I have a DV bug atm (this is just an explanation to why I'm still in bed at this hour😂). DH and the DCs had already left by the time I woke.

I eoke up, turned over in bed, and came face to face with...a three foot bloody bear!!

It was the last thing I expected to see- and I actually screamed!

He is SO thougtful...it was just the sight of these huge glass eyes staring at me! He'd actually put it under the duvet, with it's head on the pillow! It scared the shit out of me!

I'm a wuss, right?

CigarsofthePharoahs Tue 14-Feb-17 08:36:05

At least it wasn't a horse.....
My 6 year old scared the crap out of me a few months ago. He was stood stock still in a doorway in the half dark, just this little silhouette, unmoving. I can't even say why he scared me so much, perhaps it was that I was ridiculously tired. Perhaps I watch too many creepy movies!
I did apologize for yelping at him!

OrangeIsTheNewPop Tue 14-Feb-17 08:37:15

I think it's the fact that it's not what you expect to see at that precise moment! grin

elQuintoConyo Tue 14-Feb-17 08:38:29

3yo ds used to put his face RIGHT up to mine in the middle of the night and creepy-whisper "milk". Made me shriek more than once blushgrin

Did yiur DH leave the bear, or your kids? Tis very sweet.

wannabestressfree Tue 14-Feb-17 08:41:44

Our hamster escaped in the night and I woke to it winking at me on my pillow..... scared the beejesus out of me..... I disliked it anyway :/

Maudlinmaud Tue 14-Feb-17 08:44:36

Aww you poor woman, that sounds frightening. I woke in the middle of the night last week to see two eyes glaring at me, right next to my face. I lay there in the half light staring at them and then woke properly with a gaaah. Twas my cat.

OrangeIsTheNewPop Tue 14-Feb-17 08:52:28

Pmsl about the hamster! We have 15 gerbils, so this may feature in my nightmares!

I can't even blame the kids. It was definitely DH!

Deathraystare Tue 14-Feb-17 15:57:31

My hamster escaped (years ago). I heard a rustling noise. Scared me shitless! Then (bravely) looked around and saw a sreak of gold. It thought..that's no rat! Turned on the light and the little devil was sitting there looking at me - having made a nest out of a drawing pad I had. How he got past the cat and up the stairs (his cage was on top of the pian0 downstairs) I do not know! Bugger also went in my wardrobe and some lovely velvet embroidered evening bags I had been left by my great grandma were in pieces!!

TroysMammy Tue 14-Feb-17 16:00:33

Deathray I would have hated the hamster too.

OrangeIsTheNewPop Tue 14-Feb-17 16:48:17

Our gerbils ALL got out once. We had to shut the cats in the bathroom (tiny, cluttered apartment with HUNDREDS of places they could hide) and turn the lounde upside down. We only had to chase one- they were all just sittig in their hiding places! All except for Uncle Graham (don't ask!) In the end it took me chasing him from under the chair with a feather duster, and DH trapping him under a mixing bowl.

DH has now made them two huge glass/wood tanks with a lock!

Many years ago I woke and jumped in total fear after I had turned in bed and heard a voice saying 'fide it fide it' (not that I knew what it was saying at that point) right in my ear. A creepy child-like voice.

Ds had sneaked into my bed bringing his talking Po, the Teletubby, with him and I'd obviously rolled onto it blushgrin

OrangeIsTheNewPop Tue 14-Feb-17 17:04:41

HA! Po beats my (as yet nameless) bear hands/paws down!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now