Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ainu or is dp ?

(14 Posts)
Excelsior1664 Tue 14-Feb-17 03:44:20

Hi

We split the night time care of dc into two shifts. Today is a non working day for dp and it's now 3:40 am I keep getting sent back as I can't have settled him properly . I asked dp if they could take over as I have work at 6am Aibu ?

Llamacorn Tue 14-Feb-17 03:57:13

You've got work in 2 hours, dp has a day off tomorrow and you're still up settling the dc? YANBU - I'd be annoyed.

SmallBee Tue 14-Feb-17 03:58:13

If you split them into shifts and this is yours then YABU.
However if you feel that the current shift system isn't fair or working YANBU to change it.
Does DH look after your DC when he is off? Because he'll still need some sleep to do that.

MrsTerryPratchett Tue 14-Feb-17 04:00:05

What are the two shifts?

Popskipiekin Tue 14-Feb-17 04:47:48

Yes what are the two shifts and do you always stick to the same shifts irrespective of who is going into work the next day? (Appreciating that a SAHP is going to need some sleep, absolutely! But depending on age of child they might be able to have a nap during the day which WOHP won't be able to)

Anotherdayanotherscreenname Tue 14-Feb-17 05:19:20

Sounds like a turn taking system which doesn't work.

WilburIsSomePig Tue 14-Feb-17 06:21:19

You keep getting 'sent back'? hmm

Your turn taking system is not working at all.

Trifleorbust Tue 14-Feb-17 07:13:24

'Sent back'? You're not at school. hmm

Huldra Tue 14-Feb-17 07:24:12

We're you meant to have done the first shift but he's not taking his later one because he's dissatisfied with how you handled the first part if the night?

Huldra Tue 14-Feb-17 07:24:44

Were, not we're.

Chloe84 Tue 14-Feb-17 07:26:15

It sounds like it's his shift now but he thinks you haven't been settling them well in your shift so he keeps 'sending you back'?

If that's right, then he's a chancing, lazy, selfish twatface.

KateDaniels2 Tue 14-Feb-17 07:38:57

Whats the system. Our system was dh did the first half of the night and i did the second. I would rather do that because i like an early night and naturally wake yo early. Dh prefers going to bed late. Worked for us.

We did this regardless of who was working. It worked for us. But if your system isnt working for you tweak it

Anotherdayanotherscreenname Tue 14-Feb-17 10:05:01

Can I also ask - ready for the flames... did you settle them properly or were you chancing it because it was his turn next?

(Asking for a friend.)

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 14-Feb-17 10:12:07

What are the "shifts"

How old is the baby.

Is he chancing it cos he feels you didn't do good enough job?

Are you chancing it til it's his turn?

What exactly is the set up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now