Talk

Advanced search

To ask if any of you or your dc have had this weird sickness bug?

(19 Posts)
Pumpkintopf Mon 13-Feb-17 23:03:06

We are away for half term. On Saturday morning dd (11) started vomiting. Carried on all day. Saturday evening felt better. Sunday perfectly fine, ate and drank as usual, no sickness.

Today went for a long walk, she complained of being tired and feeling a bit sick but thought it was just general whinges. Ate her picnic lunch no problems. Got back to where we are staying-and has been in the bathroom ever since throwing up.

Never known a sickness bug to take a break for over 24 hours then resume-anyone experienced anything similar?? Thanks for any responses!

HeyRoly Mon 13-Feb-17 23:05:44

My toddler vomited on two consecutive nights, the second night just once. Then over 48 hours later had a single bout of diahorrea.

So yeah, some bugs can be slower to resolve than others I guess.

YesItsMeIDontCare Mon 13-Feb-17 23:06:16

I get it - but it's anxiety attacks, not a sickness bug. Something triggers an attack and the anxiety makes me sick, the sick causes anxiety and it kind of keeps going like that. I'm probably sick every other day when I get it.

saffysafffest Mon 13-Feb-17 23:06:45

there is an epidemic of norovirus. It has a habit of taking 24 hour gaps, I've heard that a lot this year

AdoraBell Mon 13-Feb-17 23:07:46

Not DC, but DH has been tough with D & V since Saturday. He's had fever and bloating too though so it may not be exactly the same.

Hope your DD feels better very soon.

CheeseAtFourpence Mon 13-Feb-17 23:08:09

DD had this a few weeks ago. Sick then okay for 2 days, then sick again, then diarrhoea. Fine for a week then repeat!

TheEdgeofSeventeen Mon 13-Feb-17 23:08:09

I was once I'll as a kid before a holiday - throwing up in airport- as soon as we landed I was fine and then the day we came home, two weeks later, started throwing up again at the airport. To this day we have no idea why and it was exactly the same so didn't think it was a different bug .

Pumpkintopf Mon 13-Feb-17 23:12:09

Thanks so much for all the replies! Just seemed so weird...thought she was better, then exactly the same again-but sounds like it does happen and we'll just have to ride it out. Hoping the rest of us don't develop it too...

musicalmama Mon 13-Feb-17 23:14:10

Colleagues had the same thing with the weird 24hr break! Strange.

Holdbacktheriver Mon 13-Feb-17 23:16:19

Ds1 has had this happen twice with norovirus. on the last occasion he had been 48 hours clear and dressed ready for school when he started being sick again. Hope your dd is feeling better soon

Talith Mon 13-Feb-17 23:20:41

Giardia is a horrible gastrointestinal infection that comes and goes for ages. Needs antibiotics to get it to thoroughly shift. Not common but does go around. If still going in a few days go to docs to give a poo sample. Involves diarrhoea and sickness and fatigue.

Haudyerwheesht Mon 13-Feb-17 23:41:01

Dd had something similar last year - she was sick on the Saturday (but had reflux so thought it was that) then she went to a friends for lunch - ate it all and vomited all over their carpet blush . Came home, fine rest of that day and the next them vomited in her sleep the next night.

Nobody else caught it either.

Pumpkintopf Mon 13-Feb-17 23:45:11

Gosh hadn't considered giardia-thanks for the tip will keep an eye on that. Thanks for all the replies- sounds like it isn't as unusual as I'd thought to have a break then resume. Poor dd dragged her on a three and a half hour walk today as thought she was back to full health...

stuckinthehouse Mon 13-Feb-17 23:58:34

Yep our 4yo had it the other week.

Thursday - vomiting
Friday - slept
Saturday - better
Sunday - vomiting
Monday - slept
Tuesday -slept
Wednesday - better

RubyRetro Mon 13-Feb-17 23:59:04

Ds had a weird sick feeling for about 4 days but was never actually sick. This was about 2 weeks ago.

DowntheTown Tue 14-Feb-17 00:02:16

My 4yo dd - sick Saturday morning (3 times). Fine Sunday. Seemed ok today, so was encouraging her to eat - then sick again this evening poor lamb.

I was thinking what a weird gap too!

Hope healthiness returns soon to your house op!

Pumpkintopf Tue 14-Feb-17 00:42:02

Thanks downthetown and thanks everyone for the reassurance, hopefully she'll be on the mend soon!

glueandstick Tue 14-Feb-17 00:47:46

I vommed an hour ago. Kiddo has had it since sat. She now has explosive nappies.

My poor husband is lying in wait whilst cleaning up and listening to us both moan,groan and expel.

I really want ice cold tropical juice right now. There isn't any in the house.

Pumpkintopf Tue 14-Feb-17 11:04:12

Oh glueandstick poor you, I hope your DH has found you some tropical juice this morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now