Talk

Advanced search

To keep having gel nails

(10 Posts)
Rightontheschnozz Mon 13-Feb-17 15:59:30

I've been having them done for years. I go once a month and have gel polish. I enjoy going. But it is £27 every month that I could be putting away for something else. Saving it up or putting it towarda paying more of a CC debt off.

Foxyloxy1plus1 Mon 13-Feb-17 16:04:12

I had mine done for a special event. Cost £25 and I can't afford that every fortnight. I'd just keep it for special occasions.

Rightontheschnozz Mon 13-Feb-17 16:06:51

Yeah, tbh I think I've had them done consistently once every four weeks for so long that I just don't appreciate them as much now. It is a complete luxury item. I'll jack in my habit and save that money every month instead. Buy myself something I actually need!

Montezumasrevenge Mon 13-Feb-17 16:07:01

I use a Barry m gel polish with sunset top coat (or something like that), I can't tell the difference between that and a professional gel polish. You can get them in Superdrug for around a fiver I think. Last around a week, easy to apply and fast drying.

Babymamamama Mon 13-Feb-17 16:08:50

Get your own kit. You should have watched enough times by now to know the drill. That's what I do and it saves a fortune.

Rightontheschnozz Mon 13-Feb-17 16:09:39

Thank you! I'm going to give that a go. I'm trying to cut back on spending, and this seems like the obvious thing to be first to go!

BetweenTwoLungs Mon 13-Feb-17 16:09:41

I was in this habit and then I bought an LED lamp and a gel nails starter kit from amazon, cost £50 all together, and nail colours are £5 from amazon. So now I do it at home and they look just as good tbh.

Rightontheschnozz Mon 13-Feb-17 16:10:37

Babymama, thanks, I have but I'm rubbish as shaping my own nails. I have them a nice almond shape atm. Before I started having them done I just had them cut short and square.

wettunwindee Mon 13-Feb-17 16:28:06

I have mine done monthly for about £70 (hands and feet) but if it were between that and paying off loans, I'd do the latter.

mydshines Mon 13-Feb-17 16:29:40

I used to hate nail varnish. Because I hated the way it's chipped, etc. But I got gel nails once as a treat. And OMG I love them they make my hands look longer they are shining and I looked groomed. It's only a small price to pay to feel good. Life is short enjoy your treat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now