Talk

Advanced search

To ask what has made you laugh today?

(31 Posts)
laurzj82 Mon 13-Feb-17 12:00:26

Let's have a happy thread.

What has made you smile or laugh today?

Told DD (2) earlier that when she was a baby she lived in my tummy. She laughed, shook her head and said "You're so funny, Mummy."

Typing that it's not so funny blush Made me laugh though! smile

SasBel Mon 13-Feb-17 12:04:15

5 year old asking if I ever played 'cootie bandy crash'? On seeing an advert for Crash Bandy Coot...... Daren't google it grin

NotInMyBackYard1 Mon 13-Feb-17 12:05:41

My 2 yr old DS asking me to wipe his cry away - he meant his tears!

Sgtmajormummy Mon 13-Feb-17 12:08:20

The oriental lady cutting her own fringe on a Youtube video linked on a thread here about the Mumsnet haircut.
She laughs about it herself, so I don't feel cruel. In fact I could well imagine doing it too!

CaoNiMa Mon 13-Feb-17 12:10:03

I'm reading Bill Bryson's "The Road to Little Dribbling", and laughed more than is seemly at the part where he describes the name of a pub, the Moorcock Inn, as "a nymphomaniac's plea" grin

CaoNiMa Mon 13-Feb-17 12:10:32

(sorry - that has majorly lowered the tone of the thread!)

laurzj82 Mon 13-Feb-17 12:31:38

Haha these are great!! Love Bill Bryson.

The drying my cry is sooo sweet

laurzj82 Mon 13-Feb-17 12:32:13

Just googled that video grin

DontWannaBeObamasElf Mon 13-Feb-17 12:49:28

My daughter asks me to wash her cry. She's been bursting into song randomly all day, never fails to make me chuckle. She's too cute.

AndShesGone Mon 13-Feb-17 12:55:50

My dog playing with her toy and howling in excitement when it squeaks at her.

I love her so much.

Deploycharitygoats Mon 13-Feb-17 12:57:35

DS1 (who's 2) telling us how funny he is. "So, so funny." I'm not helping to convince him otherwise, I fear.

originalbiglymavis Mon 13-Feb-17 12:59:36

Belching loudly in an interview. In my defense.... I had a hangover.

The interviewer let slip a swear, which made me laugh (I realised that I'd therefore got away with swearing in the previous round one interview).

God it sounds like I was going for a job somewhere a bit dodgy, bit it's a very respectable professional firm!

karmacoma1 Mon 13-Feb-17 13:00:09

Saw someone on an article about Donald Trump refer to him as'Trumpleskiltskin'

Yeah. It's been a slow day.

HookandSwan Mon 13-Feb-17 14:25:03

I nanny for baby girl aged 11 months. She is obsessed with roaring like a lion and if you ask where the scary lion she she start roaring!! It's sooo cute and she makes this hilarious duck face.

Mommawoo Mon 13-Feb-17 14:33:11

Dd putting two balls down her shirt, inspecting them then squealing "boobies!!". She is obsessed with my boobs and the look of pure joy on her face at having her own pair cracked me up. She's two smile

Mommawoo Mon 13-Feb-17 14:33:11

Dd putting two balls down her shirt, inspecting them then squealing "boobies!!". She is obsessed with my boobs and the look of pure joy on her face at having her own pair cracked me up. She's two smile

whoneedswings Mon 13-Feb-17 15:28:43

DS 6 months making a beetroot mess at lunchtime, sneezed some of it out then finding it all too funny and throwing his hands in the air and laughing! He cracks me up!

mrsBeverleygoldberg Mon 13-Feb-17 16:36:37

I haven't laughed today. My washing machine has broken today. It's nearly 3, so it's ball bearings should be okay, they're not.
Ds1 had written on Jesus' dad was David on a family tree for RE homework. When I told dh he said 'he's not the son of God he's a very naughty boy.'
Oh I forgot I laughed with dh when I saw these pants in Victoria's Secret.

dimdommilpot Mon 13-Feb-17 16:47:48

DD1 has just been trying to teach me her swing routine. She says i need to practise becuase i seem to be struggeling.

Ilovecaindingle Mon 13-Feb-17 16:49:32

Radio this morning was a woman who's bucket list was to slap someone around the face with a wet fish! Steve from tfm /metro got slapped and he was giggling away!! Made me lol while driving!!

Schmoop Mon 13-Feb-17 16:54:11

DS (nearly 3) still saying 'bless you me' when he sneezes. I hope he never stops saying it

EatDessertFirst Mon 13-Feb-17 17:20:57

The state of the bathroom after my 6yo DS did his very best whale breaching impression (thank you very much Sir Attenborough!) in the bath. It was either laugh or cry. He found it hilarious!

Thirdload Mon 13-Feb-17 17:32:45

Baby DD has started to say Mama today.. She pulls herself up to standing, tries to cruise along the furniture, then when she gets too wobbly, turns around to look for me with a little worried face and starts up saying "Mama.... Mama". It makes me laugh and I feel very lucky!

PeanutJuice Mon 13-Feb-17 18:45:37

My husband trying to walk normally after training legs at the gym.
My 7 month old blowing raspberries
smile

Derlei Mon 13-Feb-17 18:55:24

Trying to rock my 8 month old to sleep and the whole time he was putting his hand into my mouth and laughing. I tried not to play but it was hard not and I then spent the next 10 minutes laughing back to him. He did eventually go to sleep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now