Talk

Advanced search

What INCREDIBLY ROMANTIC plans do you have for V Day?

(132 Posts)
EssieTregowan Mon 13-Feb-17 10:42:45

We're getting a takeaway and having a movie night. With all three kids (two teens and a 5yo).

We really know how to celebrate grin

The valentine's Bunny my lovely Dad always delivers a personalised, wrapped box of maltesers for each person (that's 4 kids and 7 grandchildren...) in the middle of the night to be found on the doorstep in the morning.

How does it look in your house? Hotbed of steamy romance or just another weekday?

EssieTregowan Mon 13-Feb-17 10:43:22

Should say 4 kids plus spouses, we all get one.

JaxingJump Mon 13-Feb-17 10:52:26

I think I love your dad! Can he be my valentine?

JaxingJump Mon 13-Feb-17 10:53:02

I've no plan. Zero! Not even a card yet. Was hoping this thread would be full of ideas!

OuchBollocks Mon 13-Feb-17 10:53:39

DH and I will be taking DD to speech therapy in the morning, then leaving her with family so he can take me to the fracture clinic this afternoon. Hopefully he will be able to squeeze in a nap before he goes to work on a night shift. All hearts and flowers here! grin

EssieTregowan Mon 13-Feb-17 10:53:49

He's awesome. We nearly lost him a few weeks ago when his gallbladder went septic but he's back to his wonderful self now.

OuchBollocks Mon 13-Feb-17 10:54:20

Not this afternoon, in the afternoon

SelfObsessionHoney Mon 13-Feb-17 10:54:29

We've bought the Asda valentines meal thingy. Mainly cos we fancied lamb shanks.

EssieTregowan Mon 13-Feb-17 10:54:37

Ooh Ouch. Hope you're on the mend soon.

GoesDownLikeACupOfColdSick Mon 13-Feb-17 10:54:59

going to the theatre with three friends and leaving DP at home with the baby blush

ProudBadMum Mon 13-Feb-17 10:55:14

I would like to adopt your dad please grin

Staying in with baby and her dad. Probably have a Chinese and watch some film.

Just anorher day for us

Oysterbabe Mon 13-Feb-17 10:55:15

M&S Dine In. Which we actually did on Saturday because we don't drink or eat carbs in the week. I'll pop out and buy a card later.

RoganJosh Mon 13-Feb-17 10:55:43

I'm going to yoga in the evening. On my own. DH has bought me some chocolates though. (We tend to ignore it.)

Pinkheart5915 Mon 13-Feb-17 10:56:41

Once dc are asleep ( ds sleeps 6pm-5:30am and baby only wakes 1-2 times) I will cook dh steak & chips with creme brûlée and champagne then I've got an Ann summers outfit to wear and we are off to bed with some chocolate body paint and If he is really lucky I might show him what I've learnt at Pole dancing class I have a pop up Pole

ProudBadMum Mon 13-Feb-17 10:57:54

pink I would love to join pole dancing classes. I just don't think I'm elegant enough for them. I move like a builder, even my walk grin

Littlemissindependent Mon 13-Feb-17 10:58:23

I shall be a sad singleton and spend the night in my pjs, watching Bridget Jones and stuffing my face with chocolate grin

SparklyUnicornPoo Mon 13-Feb-17 10:58:24

Im babysitting my friends child while she goes to work and have a blood test, then in the evening I am going to have a film night with DD.

QueenofLouisiana Mon 13-Feb-17 10:58:58

Probably a dine in option, whichever does a veggie version.

Spending Thursday/ Friday in London- sharing a room with DS confused

PleasantPhesant Mon 13-Feb-17 10:59:03

Probably pasta bake and an early night .

Rock and roll here ❤️❤️

We'll do something at the weekend though. Prob just a nice family day out, nice family dinner and some fizz and spicy crisps for supper.
We've been together a long time....I hate forced love and I don't like roses. Random bunch of flowers on a random date is much nicer.

I'm nicking the wrapped malteaser boxes idea though!! I'll be doing that later!!

SparkleTwinkleGoldGlitter Mon 13-Feb-17 10:59:15

We've got a m&s dine in thing and we will watch a film if dd decides she would like to sleep

Oysterbabe Mon 13-Feb-17 11:00:46

Oh and we're ttc but I'm only CD8 so I don't want to waste out efforts yet. I haven't slept since DD was born so DTD is effort, if I'm in bed I want to be asleep. I told him that doesn't necessarily need to be a barrier but he's not up for it, it'd be weird apparently.

AuntNancy Mon 13-Feb-17 11:04:57

Gave DH the choice of Fifty Shades Darker and Trainspotting 2 at the local Odeon. He said, 'Oh, Trainspotting' before I'd even finished speaking.

SisterMortificado Mon 13-Feb-17 11:05:07

I'm feeding DD her favourite picky-tea, packing her off to bed, then running down the local kebab joint. Meanwhile, DP will light a candle on the coffee table, fire up the tellies and X-Boxes and place a six-pack of cider within grabbing distance.

So, basically, Saturday night on a Tuesday, with Added Candle.

FenellaMaxwellsPony Mon 13-Feb-17 11:07:01

I'll be 40+5 tomorrow, so largely climbing the walls with impatience, moaning about feeling fat and uncomfortable and snapping at DH every time he comes in sight, I expect.....

anonbecauseiwanna Mon 13-Feb-17 11:07:30

We always get the m&s meal and buy each other a card. This year we have a 6mo so it will be a special occasion if we have sex on a week night (usually reserved for the not quite as knackered weekends).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now