Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask for bike lock recommendations :)

(4 Posts)
Mossop17 Mon 13-Feb-17 07:04:38

hi sorry to post here but couldn't figure out the best place!

I got a lovely new bike for my birthday but daren't ride it to the shops/gym etc without a proper decent lock, looking for recommendations for a D lock not too heavy as will carry it in rucksack,. Yes ive looked at reviews on line but there are so many products i would like help! budget upto about £45.

Thanks

Ifailed Mon 13-Feb-17 07:17:09

along with a D lock, I suggest you also get a cable with a loop at each end, you then use this to secure the front wheel to the lock, which is put through the rear wheel, frame and whatever you lock the bike to (bike shop will show you how to do this). Nothing worse than returning to your locked bike to find a wheel stolen.

babybat Mon 13-Feb-17 08:15:15

This one: www.tredz.co.uk/.Kryptonite-Evolution-Mini-7-Lock-With-4-Foot-Kryptoflex-Cable_53382.htm - put the lock through the back wheel and dropout and use the cable to secure the front wheel. There's some good info online about secure locking technique.

Schwifty Mon 13-Feb-17 08:20:58

Some locks come with a guarantee / statement regarding your bike and potential replacement if they fail - please make sure you fill in and send off any paperwork that comes with the lock! I would also take a photo on your phone eachtime you leave it, showing how you've secured it as per pps advice (looping through wheels etc) just to be on the safe side. Happy cycling!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now