Talk

Advanced search

To feel fucked off that it looks like I'll be taking a day off tomorrow due to lack of sleep.

(26 Posts)
LivinLaVidaLoki Mon 13-Feb-17 03:04:42

Basically I have 2 days annual leave to last until April. I was hoping to save them and we go away for a long weekend or something soon once work has calmed.
I have a tonne of work to do so could do with not being off anyways but.....DH had bad sinuses on Friday so his snoring kept me awake (couldn't relegate him to the spare room as we have just moved and haven't unpacked the spare room yet), I was up peeing all night with a bloody UTI last night and now tonight next doors boiler has been making a sound like bloody whale song all night. Ear plugs don't seem to make a difference and it's keeping me awake. Again.
I'm nackered. The thought of another full day at work stretching out ahead of me again at this point just makes me want to cry.

SoleBizzz Mon 13-Feb-17 03:10:28

I'm awake too. I'm stressed and worried. I know what you mean as you'll be so tired tomorrow will you be any good at work anyway? Is it a job where mistakes can cause serious harm to others?

Fuck it. Ring in sick.

CrimsonKing Mon 13-Feb-17 03:10:45

I feel your pain. I have this bastard head cold/throat thing that will not shift. I can't sleep cause I am running a fever.

Like you I need to go in tomorrow.

Sorry not helpful but you're not alone.

Brokenbiscuit Mon 13-Feb-17 03:13:36

That's rubbish. I'm still awake but thankfully off work this week. The more you stress about being awake, the less likely you are to sleep.

If you take leave tomorrow, you could still do a 3-day long weekend before April?

SoleBizzz Mon 13-Feb-17 03:13:54

Crim lots of pepole have had that. I keep getting a funny head pain. I never get headaches.

How lon have you had it for?

The wind here is really string tonight. I can hear bangs outside

HollyBollyBooBoo Mon 13-Feb-17 03:14:56

I think I felt like that for the first 3 years of my daughters life! I'm amazed at what I could achieve on about 2 hours sleep.

Don't waste a days holiday though, muddle through and have a nice long weekend sometime. Can you add your holiday onto Easter so you get a good few days off consecutively?

CrimsonKing Mon 13-Feb-17 03:16:38

Sole best part of a week and the bastard thing won't go away. My throat feels like sandpaper and my teeth ache.

GarrulousGrimoire Mon 13-Feb-17 03:19:08

Don't waste a days AL coffee and chocolate up, you'll be pissy but fine.

Caveat - if you are a neurosurgeon/ long distance lorry driver / controller of nuclear warheads please ignore this advice.

LivinLaVidaLoki Mon 13-Feb-17 03:19:16

Unfortunately I can't holly I've got a public inquiry that only breaks for easter weekend.

Argh I'm gonna go rip that boiler out in a minute it's so fucking loud!

I almost went round about half an hour ago but DH talked me our of it....ffs.

GarrulousGrimoire Mon 13-Feb-17 03:20:08

I'm on night two of toddler vomit fest sad

LivinLaVidaLoki Mon 13-Feb-17 03:20:13

Garrilous grin

LivinLaVidaLoki Mon 13-Feb-17 03:20:45

That grin was at your advice BTW. Not the toddler vomit.

MumBod Mon 13-Feb-17 03:24:27

Ring in sick. Don't drive to work on no sleep. You need to catch up for yours (and others') safety, and your health.

'Sick' need not involve germs.

GarrulousGrimoire Mon 13-Feb-17 03:25:20

That's ok I forgive you laughing at my stinky dripping, towel covered bed <<sob>>

Anyone who crosses me in work tomorrow will feel REGRET. smile

Go rip the boiler out!

wafflyversatile Mon 13-Feb-17 03:25:54

Put in your ear buds and a sleep meditation on you tube. See if that helps or at least let's you feel more rested.

achangewilldomegood Mon 13-Feb-17 03:29:15

I'm 41 weeks pregnant so I'm constantly waking. I don't think my bosses will let me call in sick either. They are aged 6 & 3. Want to scream!

Hope you are asleep now Op.

LarkDescending Mon 13-Feb-17 03:38:25

I hear you. In agony here with what my physio thinks is a torn rotator cuff. Even breathing too deeply brings on new shuddering waves of pain. Sleep is impossible, but there is no prospect of a day off work any time soon.

Still, this thread has made me grateful that at least nobody has vomited in my bed smile

53rdAndBird Mon 13-Feb-17 04:13:33

Been up for nearly two hours now with 2-year-old. Intermittently complaining her stomach is sore, then happy and chatty (ffs) for a while, then just as she's finally drifting off to sleep again crying at sore stomach, over and over again. I am so so so tired and have two big work deadlines tomorrow. Aaaaargh sad

Crazycatlady123 Mon 13-Feb-17 05:52:44

Fuck work, you have a UTI they are hideous! You have a genuine reason for being off sick, I wouldn't think twice.

ReginaGeorgeinSheepsClothing Mon 13-Feb-17 05:58:23

crim and sole I'm on week 2 of the bugger, although it can't decide if it wants to be chest cough, sinusitis or tonsils- lets just be all 3! Feel crap- (although of course not as bad as DH who is also ill...)

HollyBollyBooBoo Mon 13-Feb-17 17:47:28

Call in sick with sleep deprivation? I truly wouldn't know what to say if one of my team called in sick with that!!

Somehowsomewhere Mon 13-Feb-17 17:51:52

HollyBollyBooBoo she's got a UTI

HunterHearstHelmsley Mon 13-Feb-17 17:52:55

One of mine did!! I was just... Agog.

Can you (well could you, guessing it was today) just muddle through? I had a very restless night and only got a couple of hours and managed to get by with the help of Relentless!

Theromanempire Mon 13-Feb-17 17:59:26

hunter nooooo shock even if that was the reason for ringing in sick, you would use another excuse hmm (as an aside, love the name but am sure you can tell from my name where my loyalties lie grin grin)

OP, hope your day went OK in the end smile

LivinLaVidaLoki Mon 13-Feb-17 19:21:50

I wasn't suggesting calling in sick I was going to see if I could use a/l to try and get some rest.
I just muddled through as I managed to drop off for 2 and a half hours at some point. Like a power nap 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now