loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU or has Seasalt lost the plot?

(33 Posts)
Footle Sun 12-Feb-17 22:00:43

This is in their latest catalogue. Why?

BigbyWolf Sun 12-Feb-17 22:03:59

Haha. I do love Seasalt but you're right, this picture is ridiculous.

SittingWithMyFeetUP12 Sun 12-Feb-17 22:12:23

Isn't it just supposed to evoke memories of The Red Shoes film...reminded me of it anyway.. :-)

MaybeDoctor Sun 12-Feb-17 22:14:32

The picture didn't come out for me?

I love that Seasalt try to celebrate Cornwall and I have bought a few nice bits from there at times.

But yes, I think they have gone to far down the road of everything being the colour of dirge. Plus some of the styling is er, less than flattering.

ShelteredLifeMe Sun 12-Feb-17 22:24:38

They lost the plot when they stopping doing children's clothes.

ShelteredLifeMe Sun 12-Feb-17 22:24:50

*stopped

MumBod Sun 12-Feb-17 22:27:23

They haven't stopped doing children's clothes, Sheltered, they just do them in adult sizes.

Cherryskypie Sun 12-Feb-17 22:35:02

They do good raincoats. I've never bothered with anything else of theirs. Their prints look like they belong on tea towels.

NoToast Sun 12-Feb-17 22:35:55

Mumbod grin

GimmeeMoore Sun 12-Feb-17 22:36:04

A paper catalogue,how very old fashioned

NoToast Sun 12-Feb-17 22:39:09

I like Seasalt, I need to step away from this thread as you lot are going to ruin them for me. I am already reimagining the dresses as teatowels.

Mumbod I have a coat from there that a friend calls my 'ladybird' coat as I look like a character from a ladybird book in it.

Cherryskypie Sun 12-Feb-17 22:41:54

It's harassment by catalogue. The White Stuff won't leave me alone because I bought (my mother) a cardigan from them two years ago. Lands End do it too (another dog walking coat.) They start to wear you down after a while you start thinking, actually, those cut off trousers aren't that bad and they would be handy for the summer and that tunic would be very useful. I try and get them into the recycling asap.

Cherryskypie Sun 12-Feb-17 22:42:35

Naice tea towels grin

reuset Sun 12-Feb-17 22:43:35

Isn't it just supposed to evoke memories of The Red Shoes film.

Almost en pointe (irresponsibly, her poor feet, and badly) in red brogues grin

She's not actually on a stool is she? The picture's not quite in focus.

fluffiphlox Sun 12-Feb-17 22:46:30

The clothes are awful.

TinklyLittleLaugh Sun 12-Feb-17 22:46:50

<Whispers> I like Seasalt too. Their clothes are very soft and comfortable and sturdy. I am an old frump though and quite happy in jeans and a Breton.

reuset Sun 12-Feb-17 22:47:00

And yes, the photo 'Aye Aye ' is daft.

I don't the think the the model is representative of the 'target age, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know anybody much under 40 who shops there.

Foslady Sun 12-Feb-17 22:48:13

I tried shopping there......their clothes weren't designed for someone who has a body like mine though!

GimmeeMoore Sun 12-Feb-17 22:49:14

I've never heard if sea salt

Cherryskypie Sun 12-Feb-17 22:52:52

I am almost 2 years under 40

<hoiks bosom>

Seriously, their coats are good for walking. I ended up on my backside in clay mud thanks the dogs deciding they'd like to go play with a passing deer. Once home I had to put the coat over the gate and hose the mud off it was so thick. A quick wash and reproof and it looked like new. They're also waterproofs that don't make you hot and sweaty.

ProphetOfDoom Sun 12-Feb-17 22:58:19

I had the best wellies from there. My heels are narrow and in most wellies I look like I'm wading in invisible mud but SeaSalts are totally comfy.

When last in Norfolk & Devon it was like the Seasalt & Boden catalogue come to life grin

Pigeonpost Sun 12-Feb-17 23:01:20

Ha. I live in a small town in Cornwall. Most of my clothes are Boden or Seasalt with some FatFace and Joules. And touches of Asda and sometimes H&M if I make A Trip To The Big City.

BikeRunSki Sun 12-Feb-17 23:02:23

They haven't stopped doing children's clothes, Sheltered, they just do them in adult sizes.
gringringringringringringrin

DD had a Seasalt fleece and long sleeved T, both of which were excellent. I had a fantastic Breton top thing, which DH ruined with lazy laundering.

I thought I liked Seasalt until they opened a shop near me, and I went for a look and realised that all the customers were 25 years older than me and frumpy.

Cherryskypie Sun 12-Feb-17 23:03:31

We can't go to Cornwall anymore since bastard dog added Labradors to the long list of things he hates.

thenightsky Sun 12-Feb-17 23:09:23

Ha. I tried a few tunic type tops on in there last week. There were 2 very old ladies in there (I estimate mid to late 70s). They declared my tops as 'very nice and oooh they don't half look good.. I wish I was as young as you'.

I'm 58.

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now