Talk

Advanced search

To ask what age you dc had their first day without crying!

(16 Posts)
maxiflump1 Sun 12-Feb-17 21:15:29

Meaning this in a lighthearted manner!

Before having children I thought that they would cry a lot as babies but as they grew this would stop. I remember being shocked that my friends 4 year old still cried multiple times a day. Now I have my own toddler I get it! Tears because their tired, because they don't want to go to bed, because I gave them the wrong cup, because I stopped them running under a lorry etc etc!

Just wondering if there's a stage they get to when they just stop? I may celebrate that day for years to come. Or are we in for the long haul..... wink

Snap8TheCat Sun 12-Feb-17 21:17:48

Dd is 6 and I can't remember the last time she cried. Not sure when it stopped being daily but probably about a year ago. My boys are older, no idea with them!

GloriaPritchard Sun 12-Feb-17 21:18:35

I'm thirty <cough> <cough> and I would say I haven't made it yet grin

WhooooAmI24601 Sun 12-Feb-17 21:21:53

DS1 is 11 and rarely cries unless he has a migraine. DS2 is 6 and isn't much of a crier, either, but cried today when we watched Up at the bit where they lose the baby. I've no idea why it gets to him but it just kills me every time.

DustyMaiden Sun 12-Feb-17 21:23:08

I don't have your experience, my three babies rarely cried.

DS never cried, just sucked his fist if hungry. I have only seen him cry twice in his life, he is 16.

EdenX Sun 12-Feb-17 21:23:38

They very rarely cried as babies... Currently 6 and 3 years and loads of crying today!

TeaBelle Sun 12-Feb-17 21:24:28

Dd is 2 and can go a good few days without crying

catkind Sun 12-Feb-17 21:25:10

Every day? DD would have been 1.5ish, she's a generally contented sort of child. Probably a day when her brother wasn't around though! DS maybe 3, he was more sensitive and is still more inclined to burst into tears if thwarted, DD gets cross.

ASilhouetteAndNothingMore Sun 12-Feb-17 21:25:43

Ds2 is 7 and still cries when he's physically hurt himself.
Other than that it's pretty much a constant whingeing when he doesn't get his own way.

Ds1 is 11 and hormonal and fills up quite a lot at the injustice of his life.

Lots of drama here grin

maxiflump1 Sun 12-Feb-17 21:51:45

Gloria that made me chuckle

And woo I totally get the up thing... I bawl every time!! x

WyfOfBathe Sun 12-Feb-17 21:54:02

DD1, probably about 3. She's now 5 and rarely cries but she does sulk (cross her arms and turn her back).

GallivantingWildebeest Sun 12-Feb-17 21:55:15

Dd was 2y and 8m when she had her first day without crying. I was astounded at the time. smile

Hatemylifenow Sun 12-Feb-17 21:57:12

I'm 27 and I still cry almost every day...

arethereanyleftatall Sun 12-Feb-17 21:57:49

I think as soon as they could communicate, so around 1.

EdenX Sun 12-Feb-17 22:08:30

Mine have cried today when one hit the other, then the hitter cried when told off. Cried when I made him leave his dummy in bed. Cried when fell over. Cried when I turned the TV off. Cried when one broke the other's Lego model. Both cried when I made dinner and actually expected them to eat it. Cried when it was bedtime.

Mine seem to cry a lot more then everyone else's!??

Bahh Sun 12-Feb-17 22:10:17

I think my SD wins, she's 6.5 and cries probably two or three times a day still.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now