Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think men want sex all of the time

(16 Posts)
Tinkerbec Sun 12-Feb-17 17:05:19

I know I shouldn't generalise and everybody is individual but...

After reading on another thread that a man is annoyed as his wife can't have sex for a few weeks and after discussion with two friends last night one seemed to think you flash a bit of flesh at your partner and they always want it the other said there partner wasn't that bothered.

In my experience I have not found this. I think my partner and my ex could have easily gone a month or so without and not been too bothered. Sure they may have the odd self love but still.

Maybe its me. I thought I was ok looking but you know it got me wondering.

I don't suppose there is a standard but sury men aren't gagging every minute or is it me?

TeaCake5 Sun 12-Feb-17 17:08:20

Men have as much variation in sex drive as women.

SparkleTwinkleGoldGlitter Sun 12-Feb-17 17:11:12

Men can crave sex all the time or hardly at all just like women

I have times of wanting dh every day then times of being happy with once a week, luckily dh is the same sometimes he wants sex other times if it's been a busy day/week with work, dd he just wants to cuddle up and relax

DoraDunn Sun 12-Feb-17 17:12:50

I find your post a bit confusing.
Most healthy adult men want regular, consensual sex. Likewise, most healthy adult women want regular, consensual sex.

I think very few adults of either sex are 'gagging for it every minute' as you put it. Most are able to function throughout the day withougb thoughts of sex overpowering us.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 12-Feb-17 17:12:51

DH does. At 50-something, desire doesn't seem to have abated.

Anothermoomin Sun 12-Feb-17 17:14:50

I don't know about men but I want sex a lot and think about it far too often!

Sofabitch Sun 12-Feb-17 17:15:05

I'm pretty sure there is a large variance. So I guess there must be some men that are gagging for it all the time.

But its probably not most men

DoraDunn Sun 12-Feb-17 17:15:33

By regular I mean not infrequently. Although the sex drive of individuals will vary and the key to sexual happiness is to try and ensure your long term partner's sex drive is fairly similar to your own.

Tinkerbec Sun 12-Feb-17 17:17:32

it was reading the thread where the man was annoyed that the partner couldnt have sex for a while. A friend had said the same.

I honestly don't think any partner of mine would have been that bothered.

I guess it just got me thinking.

seaweedhead Sun 12-Feb-17 17:29:07

Men's libidos vary, as do women's. I think the difference is that some men have a sense of entitlement and think it's ok to be a dick about it.

Tinkerbec Sun 12-Feb-17 18:03:45

Yes I guess so.

AnyFucker Sun 12-Feb-17 18:09:35

My husband rather likes sex, as do I. He probably has it on his mind a lot.

The difference is, he is only into it if I am and vice versa. If I had a health issue, he would not whinge about it. In fact, he did without penetrative sex for two lots of 1 year episodes when I was pregnant/post partum (medical advice) and not a peep was heard.

It's not what's in their head, it's in their actions and response when they don't get what they want. It's a want, not a need.

Trifleorbust Sun 12-Feb-17 18:11:04

I hate the assumption that a low sex drive is a health problem.

SoreArms Sun 12-Feb-17 18:12:04

I think it just atorscdeoendibg on the person, regardless of gender. My ex could happily have gone months without (cue massive self esteem issues for me) but DP wants it more often than I do.

SoreArms Sun 12-Feb-17 18:12:28

Eh?! Depends!!

DJKKSlider Sun 12-Feb-17 18:17:56

I actually don't thi k I think about sex at all? Is thast weird?
I don't sit on the sofa watching Coronation street seething inside cause Anna's flashed an elbow.

The only time it crosses my mind is when my GF and I are getting smoochy n such. There are times I might like it to advance to further adventures in smooches, which in turn could lead to expeditions beneath the bra wire etc etc.

Its just not something I think about on a day to day basis. I think I'd find it weird if I did. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now