Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to sit and watch Tv?

(8 Posts)
anonbecauseiwanna Sun 12-Feb-17 13:55:23

Have an absolutely stinking cold, stayed in bed til midday but my dh is now unavailable until about 6pm. Wibu to sit on the sofa with ds 6mo and watch Tv instead of entertaining him?

ShowMePotatoSalad Sun 12-Feb-17 13:56:20

6 months old? Put lots of toys in front of him and sit on the sofa, watching TV. You are entertaining him.

PeachBellini123 Sun 12-Feb-17 14:01:07

Nope. Do it.

anonbecauseiwanna Sun 12-Feb-17 14:01:13

He's hitting his rattle off my leg...is that entertaining enough so you think 🙈

whoneedswings Sun 12-Feb-17 14:02:35

It's a Sunday afternoon and it's freezing out! Never mind if you're feeling unwell just do it! Sleepy baby cuddles are great medicine too, get well soon!

anonbecauseiwanna Sun 12-Feb-17 14:07:42

I'm eating chocolate and he's trying to grab it out of my hand. Keep telling him he's getting green beans later...

Number52 Sun 12-Feb-17 14:27:25

Definitely not. I spent hours entertaining my first ds at this age with songs and books when I was exhausted beyond words. Thought that's what you had to do. But it really isn't. Not ALL THE TIME. My second son (7 months) gets popped in the jumperoo/in front of Paw Patrol with his big brother. And he's very happy. Do it. Its fine. Take him to the park tomorrow. xx

oldlaundbooth Sun 12-Feb-17 14:28:25

Seriously, just him being in the outside world is entertainment enough for a six month old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now