Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to book a spa treatment?

(4 Posts)
peepshowislife Sun 12-Feb-17 07:11:15

Probably am being , but AIBU to book my mum a spa treatment for tomorrow (monday) even though she is going through chemo (halfway through the course, next batch of tablets in a few weeks so on a slight break atm) or would this be hugely detrimental to her. It's a malignant brain tumour although she didn't have any new growth at the last MRI in December and had it all removed last summer.
She's pretty stressed out as getting to the height of a huge divorce proceeding with my (arsehole wanker) of a father, we are moving her stuff out into storage today so if she can get through that I was thinking to take her to a spa tomorrow for just 1 treatment such as a foot massage or aromatherapy back massage or dry flotation tank and an afternoon tea , just the 2 of us. AIBU????

BewtySkoolDropowt Sun 12-Feb-17 07:43:07

Yanbu but speak to the spa first about your mums diagnosis. Some will not treat her.

You might find you need to look for a therapist trained in cancer care rather than a spa.

It sounds like a difficult time for you all, it's a lovely thing to do and I think your mum will really appreciate it xx

TaggySits Sun 12-Feb-17 07:54:22

Yanbu, but you may well not get an appointment with it being Valentines this week. I have a child free morning tmw (only happens about twice a year) so was very excited and had planned a lovely relaxing morning are the spa followed by lunch... But couldn't get an appointment sad

peepshowislife Sun 12-Feb-17 10:09:47

Well I was thinking of just not telling them , judging by people's previous experiences whilst having cancer. If not we can just have the afternoon tea , but I could really do with something too !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now